British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,055

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ November 12 2012, 3:20 PM GMT

At last you did it, Garnett Carpark! You made me laugh out loud!

Yes, our freedom to be in debt for time immemorial and finance the ruling elite with the interest we pay, while barefooted kids work in sweatshops and pick over rubbish tips for a "living". YAY! GO FREEDOM!

You have a very narrow view of what constitues freedom Monsieur Adolph Al-Asawi - oh wait, that's not your name, I wonder why that is?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I believe there are some girls getting educated close by, time to break out my Freedom Rifle and do some good.

The shelved abuse file has been found on open display in a locked cupboard, in a locked lockup, somewhere in Kathmandu. I can't help but get the feeling we have a three way fight going on here. The Press upset about phone tapping want to get MP's who are upset about expenses and want to get the Press and the BBC, the BBC upset about Savule want to get the MP's and the press, Murdoch wants to get rid of the BBC and so on and so on. There is more dirt being dug than in TimeTeam. The only problem is when that much mud gets slung it just buries everything.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ November 12 2012, 6:49 PM GMT

Talking of which, I thought Kate's poppy was a bit over-indulgent.. and then I saw the Queen's bejewelled multi-cluster. Blimey! Must have cost someone an arm and a leg!

Yea Us! Freeloading bastards Angry

I have always been, and remain, strongly opposed to the death penalty, but when I read a story like this, I do find myself wavering on the issue.

[Warning: The link below contains very disturbing and upsetting descriptions of child abuse.]

Prominent Saudi preacher tortures five-year-old daughter to death http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/11/11/249009.html

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ November 12 2012, 6:56 PM GMT

Don't acknowledge my gag, then. :O(

Oh I get it, sorry Stylee, very slow on the uptake today, Monday and all that. :)

Ha Ha someone stole a set of keys for the Tower of London, they had been left under a stone or something. The Beefeaters must be eating humble pie now Laughing out loud

Quote: Pingl @ November 12 2012, 7:08 PM GMT

Oh I get it, sorry Stylee, very slow on the uptake today, Monday and all that. :)

Ha Ha someone stole a set of keys for the Tower of London, they had been left under a stone or something. The Beefeaters must be eating humble pie now Laughing out loud

More like eating crow.

Quote: sootyj @ November 12 2012, 7:10 PM GMT

More like eating crow.

What a shame they didn't just walk off with the crown jewels, that would have taken some explaining. I believe they are not insured.

Quote: Pingl @ November 12 2012, 7:21 PM GMT

What a shame they didn't just walk off with the crown jewels, that would have taken some explaining. I believe they are not insured.

They aren't just lying about on the green you know!

I strongly doubt the jewels in the Tower are the real thing. There probably in a nameless vault in a bank somewhere.

I have always been, and remain, strongly opposed to the death penalty

I'm not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-20299349

Zooo, L.E. etc DO NOT READ !

A bloke in Stockport robbed the same bank at the same time of day twice in one week. Cheeky monkey!

Frankie Dettori faces inquiry after 'positive test'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/horse-racing/20316457

Why would they drug test jockeys?

Quote: youngian @ November 13 2012, 4:58 PM GMT

Frankie Dettori faces inquiry after 'positive test'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/horse-racing/20316457

Why would they drug test jockeys?

It's an incredibly tough occupation, with jockeys needing to pass tough medical examinations before being passed fit for riding. Doping would give them a distinct advantage, if only to let them keep riding through the pain.

Quote: Nogget @ November 13 2012, 6:22 PM GMT

It's an incredibly tough occupation, with jockeys needing to pass tough medical examinations before being passed fit for riding. Doping would give them a distinct advantage, if only to let them keep riding through the pain.

He's obviously Dettoriating.

Quote: Pingl @ November 13 2012, 6:28 PM GMT

He's obviously Dettoriating.

Did you have to saddle us with the terrible pun.

It's impressive that you can make all these jokes up on the hoof.