British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 84

If only we could harness the power of our common sense. We could take on Aaron :P

Harness the power, or be arsed.

Quote: Gavin @ February 9, 2008, 2:31 PM

Harness the power, or be arsed.

I was given the same choice in a dungeon once :O

Quote: ajp29 @ February 9, 2008, 2:37 PM

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: ajp29 @ February 9, 2008, 2:37 PM

And the rest is history.

Quote: ian_w @ February 9, 2008, 2:13 PM

Laughing out loud

I have never heard so much bullcrap and pointless spiel as I have in a literature lecture.

I did a duel honours though, the other subject being English language, which I definitely do recommend. That was good fun and interesting.

Please Scats, don't let me put you off :(

I want to do Lang and Lit now :O I can do a unit in Medieval Lit. and a whole one on Austen :O

and yes it is true that I love this thread because it means I dont smack someone to vent anger ;P

I did English Lit (minor) at uni. It was fantastic.
Poncey but wonderful. I like (what most people think of as) poncey!

The units are amazing at King's- Im just trying to find where on earth else I could do such a spread

I did English and script writing in Uni.

Ooooh. I salivate.

I think we have to choose what to study at uni too young.

Either that or we should just go back every 5 years.

I lasted a week, I had a massive fall out with the "directing" lecturer and told the film studies lecturer she was talking bollocks, and was pretty much laughed outta english when I told them all my favourite Chritmas story was Die Hard.

Quote: zooo @ February 9, 2008, 3:03 PM

Ooooh. I salivate.

I think we have to choose what to study at uni too young.

Either that or we should just go back every 5 years.

So what would you do if you had one chance to go back?

I think I'd choose quantum mechanics, or maybe medicine.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ February 9, 2008, 2:54 PM

The units are amazing at King's- Im just trying to find where on earth else I could do such a spread

Too easy :D

Quote: Gavin @ February 9, 2008, 3:06 PM

I lasted a week, I had a massive fall out with the "directing" lecturer and told the film studies lecturer she was talking bollocks, and was pretty much laughed outta english when I told them all my favourite Chritmas story was Die Hard.

LMAO

well what does running around a hall tagging each other have to do with directing? ARR still pisses me off now. Pretenious wankers

Quote: Gavin @ February 9, 2008, 3:06 PM

The radical feminists (and there were lots) were the biggest nightmare on my course.
I once got ripped to bits and talked to like a piece of shit because I read and interpreted an Emily Dickenson poem as something other than women's suffering (it was about a beach or something!!).
The lecturer sat and let it happen as well.