British Comedy Guide

Derek - Series 1 Page 26

This is all getting rather silly now! Are you going to make me issue time-outs and naughty steps?

I'm not dismissing all criticism. I criticise peoples reasoning when they sit and watch six episodes of something and suddenly decide 'it's shit'.

Quote: zooo @ March 7 2013, 10:50 PM GMT

This is all getting rather silly now! Are you going to make me issue time-outs and naughty steps?

I assume that's aimed at me?

Quote: Aaron @ March 7 2013, 10:48 PM GMT

Well it's you seeming to bust a blood vessel, and you blindly dismissing any criticism of the series as "jealousy and self hatred". Are you sure you're not Jane Fallon?

I liked that Buster Bloodvessel used to serve pie sandwiches in his hotel. Has Gervais done that? I don't think so! And my point? No point!

Quote: PurpleRonnie @ March 7 2013, 10:52 PM GMT

I'm not dismissing all criticism. I criticise peoples reasoning when they sit and watch six episodes of something and suddenly decide 'it's shit'.

Have you not thought that some of us are watching it in the hope that it may get better because we are fans of Gervais?

At everyone!
Gervais threads always end up like this.

Quote: zooo @ March 7 2013, 11:01 PM GMT

At everyone!
Gervais threads always end up like this.

Let me guess.

Mod likes Gervais. Posters don't like Gervais. Mod closes thread.

I wish we could all be more like Derek and just be kind to each other. If we can't we haven't learnt anything from the last six weeks. Seven if you include the pilot.

Dude you are being Critical about others being critical,and to quote you from one of your earlier posts {QUOTE... everyone's a f**kin Critic!} and you're right everyone is!

Now be careful because you might end up with a BCG ASBO!

I don't see what it matters if anyone likes him or not. Most people, on here, like comedy and want it to be good. I suspect ( and I'm guessing ) if I met Ricky Gervais I'd think he was a c**t but I always want his stuff to be good.

Quote: chipolata @ March 7 2013, 11:11 PM GMT

I wish we could all be more like Derek and just be kind to each other. If we can't we haven't learnt anything from the last six weeks. Seven if you include the pilot.

Yes.

I'm going to write on some crabs and eat some chips while watching an old woman die.

Quote: Jinky @ March 7 2013, 11:08 PM GMT

Let me guess.

Admin doesn't like Gervais.

Quote: Jinky @ March 7 2013, 11:08 PM GMT

Let me guess.

Don't quite know what your problem is with me, but no.

Quote: Jinky @ March 7 2013, 11:14 PM GMT

Yes.

I'm going to write on some crabs and eat some chips while watching an old woman die.

Damn you! Now I want chips

(hold screen upside down to find Gervais' target audience)