British Comedy Guide

Derek - Series 1 Page 23

Quote: sootyj @ March 7 2013, 2:50 PM GMT

KP was very funny, but then he is. And I'd love to see him doing anything; football results, reading the weather he's just a funny guy.

Love him. Would be excellent if Derek series 2 was more about him, maybe followed him home. (He doesn't actually live at the old people's home does he...?)
Doubt that'll happen, though.

Well if they DO get it and don't like it why watch it?

No Derek said

"he can't live with me and Dougie he's only got one spare room andthat's mine"

now a gay romance between Dougie and Derek could be interesting.

Quote: PurpleRonnie @ March 7 2013, 2:53 PM GMT

Well if they DO get it and don't like it why watch it?

Because 'they' can't know they don't like it without having, first, watched it.

Quote: sootyj @ March 7 2013, 2:53 PM GMT

No Derek said

"he can't live with me and Dougie he's only got one spare room andthat's mine"

now a gay romance between Dougie and Derek could be interesting.

Ha! Certainly would be interesting.
I'd rather see their bromance explored further though, to be honest. :)

I think their relationship is about the most interesting thing in the show.

And certainly Dougie is the funniest.

Did we find out what Kevins mystery was?

Well I'm assuming that if 'they' watched the pilot, ep1 & 2 that they should know by then if they like it or not and if they don't like it just turn it off.

Quote: PurpleRonnie @ March 7 2013, 3:05 PM GMT

Well I'm assuming that if 'they' watched the pilot, ep1 & 2 that they should know by then if they like it or not and if they don't like it just turn it off.

Well if you like him so much why don't you marry him?!

Seriously, though... the answer is because people want to. It's just rather insulting to suggest the 'fault' lies with the viewer: If you don't think it's funny you don't get it, if you don't appreciate half a sheep in a tank you don't appreciate art... and so on.

Some people don't think it's funny, some do and everything in between. I think it's 'safe to say' you couldn't tell me any comedy from any time that 'everybody' would like.

One because I'm married and two because the restraining order prevents me from contacting him.

I know it's not going to please everyone and there never will be a programme that will and I'm not blaming the viewer each to their own. I don't like Hollyoaks but I don't watch it and then get so angry about it I take to an internet forum to criticise it I just watch something else.

Quote: PurpleRonnie @ March 7 2013, 3:15 PM GMT

One because I'm married and two because the restraining order prevents me from contacting him.

I know it's not going to please everyone and there never will be a programme that will and I'm not blaming the viewer each to their own. I don't like Hollyoaks but I don't watch it and then get so angry about it I take to an internet forum to criticise it I just watch something else.

You came to an internet forum to complain about people who do though!
;)

Quote: sootyj @ March 7 2013, 2:59 PM GMT

Did we find out what Kevins mystery was?

I guess it wasn't that there was a mystery, just that we saw evidence that he hates himself and thinks well of Derek. Which did make me hate him a bit less.

No I came to read the comments of people and discovered a lot of them were just inane jealous tripe.

We could go on and on with this debate my point simply was: IF PEOPLE DON'T LIKE IT, WATCH SOMETHING ELSE.

I'll leave you with this and no one can argue - 'I am overwhelmed with how poignant, funny and moving #Derek is'. Melanie Sykes (Des & Mel, Boddingtons advert) Twitter 7th March 2013.

Quote: PurpleRonnie @ March 7 2013, 3:22 PM GMT

No I came to read the comments of people and discovered a lot of them were just inane jealous tripe.

We could go on and on with this debate my point simply was: IF PEOPLE DON'T LIKE IT, WATCH SOMETHING ELSE.

I'll leave you with this and no one can argue - 'I am overwhelmed with how poignant, funny and moving #Derek is'. Melanie Sykes (Des & Mel) Twitter 7th March 2013.

I believe her text messages are more interesting!

I found her text messages disgusting, unfunny and rude. Just goes to show you can't please everyone.

Quote: PurpleRonnie @ March 7 2013, 3:26 PM GMT

I found her text messages disgusting, unfunny and rude. Just goes to show you can't please everyone.

That's probably because you didn't 'get' them.
Whistling nnocently