British Comedy Guide

Did you see any Iranian Comedy Movies?

Hi. I am a fan of Korean and Iranian cinema and I have watched lots of Iranian Movies lately. the ones I loved were "Akharin Mojarad (The Last Single)", "Khoros Jangi (Cokfight) 2009" and "Dard e Sar (Trouble)" I was wondering if you know any other good iranian comedy movies? Thanks

Dude, Where's My Carpet?

Honey I scud the yids

When Gulbadan Met cousin Mehrnoosh...

Quote: shaggy292 @ March 1 2013, 4:36 PM GMT

Dude, Where's My Carpet?

Though Iranians are not Arabs, (they are basically Persians) I also find Arabian Nights funny, but not more than other fairy tales and Hollywood fiction movies.. But, what does an Arabian fairy tale have to do with comedy movies?

Quote: sootyj @ March 1 2013, 5:43 PM GMT

Honey I scud the yids

you still go with that old joke, eh? though you know better that Iranians are not Taliban or al-Qaeda..

anyway.. thanks for not contributing at all..!

Have you seen this list? I've not seen any Iranian comedy movies, but I'll give a a few a try

http://www.imdb.com/list/OZl_sTMt6G0/

I did like that Iranian gay comedy

Queer as folk hanging from cranes

Or the sweet ROM com
Brigette stoned diary

hey, I bet you've got some great bits about North Korea that aren't entirely predictable at all!

Quote: sootyj @ March 5 2013, 9:47 PM GMT

I did like folk hanging from cranes, stoning

I think the forum is about comedy. Not politics.. Even about politics we may be blinded as our govts' agenda. You know iranians with this. And iranians know the UK govt with the toppling of their prime minister who wanted to nationalize their oil.. and installing of a despot king there to get their oil for free, which is known as: 1953 Iranian coup d'état. So, looking at the cinema from a broader level (and it is almost impossible if we keep being subject to our govts; ie. I remember when HSBC censored an ad on women in Iran, which mentioned 4% of movies in the US are made by women. In Iran it is 25%), please share if you know any good comedy movies of Iran. Thank you.

Quote: faceless @ March 5 2013, 9:16 PM GMT

Have you seen this list? I've not seen any Iranian comedy movies, but I'll give a a few a try

http://www.imdb.com/list/OZl_sTMt6G0/

I saw Mormoulak (the Lizard) but not the others. Thank you. I'll try to find them..

Quote: faceless @ March 5 2013, 10:05 PM GMT

hey, I bet you've got some great bits about North Korea that aren't entirely predictable at all!

I don't know if they are from North or South, but I watch Korean movies too. I liked "Yeongeo wanjeonjeongbok - Please Teach Me English 2003" best. Thanks :)

Not really opressive dictatorships produce little worthwhile comedy.

Albeit there is a theory that the Nazis invented televised sitcom.

It's actually terribly unhelpful to patronisingly praise whatever drivel sneaks past the states official censors. A case of being more politically correct than though.

Albeit I do like the North Korean Kpop band.

DPRKC and the sunshine policies band.

what is the definiton of dictatorship to you? and why do you believe iran is so?
Anyway, I think we all have our versions of dictatorships..(ie. the Turkish dictatorship that bans hijab/headscarf.. and the UK dictatorship system.. as far as I know, no one can become a head of state except he/she is from among a "royal" family.) So, we do have our versions.. Still we have comedies.. I don't want to turn this thread into political discussion.. So, please mention us if you tried to watch any foreign comedy movies. Thank you for your understanding.

Dejavu is it you?

But I dunno I usually go with murdering the opposition on mass, censoring the media and banning international monitors from elections.
Not mention inflicting Omid Jallili and Shappi Khorsandi on us Brits.

Anyway royal families are great we love ours.

No mass murdering took place in Iran recent years.. It was protests, but no mass murderings.. Real mass murdering happened in Iran before the 1979 Islamic Revolution. Still, the US and the EU countries supported the shah and still supporting MKO to kill more. Does it ring a bell? So, to me, it is double standards. the agenda is to support the ones who would flow the oil and all other sources to westwards for free and to make propaganda against the others.

About, ceonsoring the media. Every counry has its own version. I follow the ifilmtv of Iran, which unlike Presstv is only about cinema.. And I know, how still they are banned in those countries that claim "freedom for media".. So, our countries do that too.. Any differences? Nope..

ok.. sootyj.. please, I like politics but not on a forum that I registered to share and get movie sugestions.. thank you for your understanding..

Quote: sootyj @ March 6 2013, 2:06 PM GMT

It's actually terribly unhelpful to patronisingly praise whatever drivel sneaks past the states official censors.

You mean like this one "A Iranian man (Akbar Abdi) stuck in Turkey, desperately wants to get a VISA to go to America. He starts dressing up as a woman in hopes of marrying an American man to get American citizenship, but he starts having doubts and... "

Cinemas where I live are still banned from showing The Life of Brian.

They're ripping off tootsie that's a bigger call to war then a half arsed nuclear program