British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,135

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 24 2012, 6:58 PM GMT

Spike Lee says he's not going to talk about Tarantino's new film because he won't be watching it. Then slams it anyway. Yes, slams a film he hasn't seen.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a447150/spike-lee-calls-quentin-tarantinos-django-unchained-disrespectful.html

He always seems like a bundle of joy, that guy.

Meh. They're both opiniated directors who like to spout off. Last I heard Tarantino still thinks Deathproof is a good film.

As for Django Unchained, I'm looking forward to it, although I hope it's better than Inglorious, which was fairly watchable once, but I haven't had the urge to watch it again.

I'm sure I read an interview where Tarantino said Deathproof was obviously his worst film. Or something.

Quote: zooo @ December 25 2012, 1:23 PM GMT

I'm sure I read an interview where Tarantino said Deathproof was obviously his worst film. Or something.

He said it was his worst film, but it was still pretty damned good!

Here's what he said:

"Death Proof has got to be the worst movie I ever made. And for a left-handed movie, that wasn't so bad, all right? So if that's the worst I ever get, I'm good."

I like him, but I think the great films stopped at Kill Bill Vol I. Everything since then has been largely forgetable. Hope Django changes that.

Quote: zooo @ December 25 2012, 1:23 PM GMT

He did recently, yeah. Even so, it had some good bits. It's the only clear low-ish point in the films he's directed.

Oh bugger! Now we have all the shite about the Honours list, including yet another rerun of the bloody Olympics.

Kate Bush has got a CBE and well deserved it is too. She am brilliantz at musics.

How women are treated in India is appalling -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-20863860

It doesn't help when 27 political candidates running for office have been charged with rape. :(

Thoroughly depressing.

Quote: zooo @ December 29 2012, 2:17 PM GMT

Thoroughly depressing.

Not a Kate Bush fan?

:D

I've worked for a company run by Indians

Women are generally treated like third class citizens from what I saw with my own eyes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20805059

Anti-smoking adverts are now getting really gross. Time for me to avoid all pubs for the first two weeks of January as everyone tries to quit. It's always the same, some twunt loudly announces that they've given up smoking as a New Year's resolution and then spends the evening poncing smokes off me.

The only thing they've given up is buying cigarettes the tight bastards. Angry

From what I have seen of Indian families a lot of the problems start with matriarchs (mothers and grandmothers) spoiling boys and putting down daughters. Not entirely an Indian problem: women play far more of a role in the suppression of women than feminists allow.

Quote: lofthouse @ December 29 2012, 2:30 PM GMT

I've worked for a company run by red Indians

We used to professionally ride around stage coaches yelling

Women are generally treated like third class citizens from what I saw with my own eyes especially when tied them to a totem pole and danced around them

You savage!

Quote: Tursiops @ December 29 2012, 2:37 PM GMT

From what I have seen of Indian families a lot of the problems start with matriarchs (mothers and grandmothers) spoiling boys and putting down daughters. Not entirely an Indian problem: women play far more of a role in the suppression of women than feminists allow.

And the murdering

So India is worse than Afghanistan for the ladies?

The whole world is full of c**ts.

(Merry Christmas!)

Quote: zooo @ December 29 2012, 2:44 PM GMT

The whole world is full of c**ts.

(Merry Christmas!)

:O :O :O :O

Outrageous !!

But kinda true :|