British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,132

Quote: keewik @ December 20 2012, 3:38 PM GMT

Our family has been through all this after our younger son developed leukaemia aged 4. He, and we, are still living with the side-effects but today he turned 32 and he's glad to be alive and we're glad he's still here.

I'm very glad all is well in the keewik household. Personally I always follow the doctors advice - except when it comes to drinking, smoking, cutting out fatty foods, etc.

I was just throwing it out there to see if this woman had a leg to stand on. The general consensus is that she am a nut bag.

Quote: sootyj @ December 20 2012, 4:02 PM GMT

Nb the mums net thread on the subject is quite illuminating

I'm not even going to ask what you're doing on mumsnet.

Looking up this subject because I thought they would have an interesting point of view
Why what did you think?

Quote: sootyj @ December 20 2012, 4:37 PM GMT

Why what did you think?

That you thought it was like eBay and you were trying to score a new Mum.

EDIT: Please God, let sootyj's Mum still be alive, otherwise this joke is going nowhere fast.

No worries on either front rcp not so long as I have your mom on speed dial

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 20 2012, 4:35 PM GMT

I was just throwing it out there to see if this woman had a leg to stand on. The general consensus is that she am a nut bag.

I won't go as far as to say she's a nutbag - she may just be really panicked and out of her depth. I do wonder, though, whether she's not all that bright.

A dim bulb. Unlike her son...

Well, she was certainly making the most of her few seconds on the telly.
Swishing her hair like a Timotei advert.

Quote: sootyj @ December 20 2012, 4:55 PM GMT

No worries on either front rcp not so long as I have your mom on speed dial

Phew.

Quote: Tursiops @ December 20 2012, 5:07 PM GMT

A dim bulb. Unlike her son...

A-ha!

Quote: keewik @ December 20 2012, 5:01 PM GMT

I won't go as far as to say she's a nutbag -

I will, nutty nutty nutbag.

I wonder of she's accepted her sons possible death and is using the notoriety to advertise her desirability and attractiveness to potential mates

Quote: sootyj @ December 20 2012, 6:43 PM GMT

I wonder of she's accepted her sons possible death and is using the notoriety to advertise her desirability and attractiveness to potential mates

It's always a moral quandry when you fancy the mum of a dying or kidnapped kid. Like this bird or Kate McCann.

And before you judge me, I know plenty of girls who fancy some of the world's most outrageously violent men - like Pol Pot or Harold Shipman.

Quote: sootyj @ December 20 2012, 6:43 PM GMT

:|

Apparently Neon is the brightest kid in his class. (Should these be going in the Christmas Cracker thread?)

Kate mccann compared to polpott

Its a daily mail headline

Quote: zooo @ December 20 2012, 6:49 PM GMT

:|

David Attenborough knows what I'm getting at

Now here's a heavy debate to be getting on with -

3D Printers - the death of modern consumerism?

As this new technology becomes more and more affordable, will it do for the high street what Napster did for the music industry?

Why bother going to Argos or John Lewis when you can download a programme and 'print' out your own designer goods, clothing or furniture?

And how will gun laws be effective when you can print out your own firearms?

You could hack into somebody's 3D printer, print a copy of yourself and then rob their house or fondle their kids and then fax yourself back and um... hang on...