British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,130

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 19 2012, 4:04 PM GMT

They're not allowed to sell dum-dums - hollowpoints, soft tip and defensive ammo, but not dum-dums or armour piercing.

And they call it the land of the free! Angry

Quote: evan rubivellian @ December 19 2012, 10:30 AM GMT

Interesting, I think I would tend to believe a policeman's word over that of a politician. For obvious reasons.

Yes but apparently CCTV footage shows he was not there at the place he claimed, to have over heard what Mitchell said.

That Lost Prophets singer has the same real name as H from Steps. He must be pleased.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 19 2012, 4:05 PM GMT

And they call it the land of the free! Angry

They certainly don't call Britain the land of the free. As far as the Yanks are concerned we're crushed under the tyrannical yoke of royalists and liberals.

Twitter arrests, CCTV cameras on every corner, subjects not citizens, no proper constitution, state broadcasters, arbitrary bans on personal freedoms and rights of assembly, armed police patrols, a corrupt press, a huge gulf between the rich and the poor, corporate cartels determining prices, embezzling politicians escaping justice, active discouragement of smaller political parties, highest government positions determined by wealth and private education, big business dictating tax rates, health service 'death panels'...the list goes on and on.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 19 2012, 4:21 PM GMT

They certainly don't call Britain the land of the free. As far as the Yanks are concerned we're crushed under the tyrannical yoke of royalists and liberals.

Twitter arrests, CCTV cameras on every corner, subjects not citizens, no proper constitution, state broadcasters, arbitrary bans on personal freedoms and rights of assembly, armed police patrols, a corrupt press, a huge gulf between the rich and the poor, corporate cartels determining prices, embezzling politicians escaping justice, active discouragement of smaller political parties, highest government positions determined by wealth and private education, big business dictating tax rates, health service 'death panels'...the list goes on and on.

There's bad stuff wherever you live. People be bastards.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 19 2012, 4:24 PM GMT

That is certainly true. It just winds me up when British people criticise Americans for their freedoms. It's like watching Islamic extremists holding up signs that read 'Democracy can go to hell!'.

Quote: billwill @ December 19 2012, 4:16 PM GMT

Yes but apparently CCTV footage shows he was not there at the place he claimed, to have over heard what Mitchell said.

You're right. We can't trust the police either. Bloody plebs.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 19 2012, 4:24 PM GMT

Ditto, but I like it here.

If you compare how many people get locked up in the US compared to Britain, then Britain is more of a "land of the free".

Quote: Nogget @ December 19 2012, 5:02 PM GMT

If you compare how many people get locked up in the US compared to Britain, then Britain is more of a "land of the free".

You're right you know, I like living in a country where violent people don't get sent to jail and are free to roam the streets to kill and rape again because we can't afford to run a decent prison system.

Nothing says freedom like electronically tagging and monitoring the movements of criminals.

Quote: keewik @ December 19 2012, 4:48 PM GMT

Ditto, but I like it here.

The contestants may have only won £6 on Bargain Hunt, but to them, it was a victory and very pleased they were too.

I was on Bargain Hunt and we won £19! Victory was sweet!

You dark horse, was it on today?

nb didnt you used to have an antiques shop? I'd have thought you'd have done better.

About 10 years ago. Before the antiques shop.

Quote: bigfella @ December 19 2012, 6:54 PM GMT

About 10 years ago. Before the antiques shop.

Or Tim Wonnacott as he is also known.

My mom loves Tim Wonnacot yet despises David Dickinson. To me they're interchangeable.