British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,128

The politically correct propoganda? If that is the case I applaud them even more, the bastards, trying to be fair minded and correct!

Quote: Tursiops @ December 18 2012, 6:09 PM GMT

That these are serial killers rather than killing sprees, and therefore of no relevance to this argument?

Okay, the 7/7 Bombers then. They went on a murder spree that killed nearly 3 times as many people as Newtown, Connecticut and all without a single firearm. How would stricter gun laws have helped us with that?

No! Where were the reports about serial theft of lawnmowers by the traveller community? eh? Where?

Quote: Pingl @ December 18 2012, 6:11 PM GMT

But if you hate them so much you are welcome to Fox, CNN, NBC whatever you like, I'll stick with the BBC

I'm pleased to hear that you will only listen to one biased version of the truth and not others. You should be applauded.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 18 2012, 6:17 PM GMT

Okay, the 7/7 Bombers then. They went on a murder spree that killed nearly 3 times as many people as Newtown, Connecticut and all without a single firearm. How would stricter gun laws have helped us with that?

Well I believe there 4 massacres in the US this year alone.

With guns that were legally bought (in some cases stolen from family members).

Over the last 5 years Britain has suffered one serious suicide attack and had I think 4 foiled. Because well making explosives, getting them to the target area and detonating is pretty difficult.

Atleast for the silly arses Al Quaeda usually attracts.

There's somewhere in the vaults of Mi5 footage of Abu Hamzas gang of bloody fools practising in the woods with paintball guns.

There were 2 attempted massacres in the UK, that taxi driver and that nutty Welsh guy with a van and knife.

Both killed a large number of people. Neith combined got anywhere near one US massacre. And both I dunno had to work alot harder than their US bretheren.

Quote: sootyj @ December 18 2012, 6:21 PM GMT

Over the last 5 years Britain has suffered one serious suicide attack and had I think 4 foiled. Because well making explosives, getting them to the target area and detonating is pretty difficult.

The point I'm trying to make is that if you want to kill a load of people in one go, then you don't need to have a gun.

America is a very violent society compared to their European counterparts (except the Russians) and questions need to be asked on a societal level on why they have so many killing sprees, serial killers, gangland murders, etc.

It can't just be guns as countries with equivalent firearms laws - Canada, Switzerland, Finland, etc. don't experience the same levels of violence. You could quote population numbers, but I've already pointed out South Africa is more violent with a much smaller population.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 18 2012, 6:20 PM GMT

I'm pleased to hear that you will only listen to one biased version of the truth and not others. You should be applauded.

Biased? I don't find it biased. But thanks for the applause.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 18 2012, 6:28 PM GMT

The point I'm trying to make is that if you want to kill a load of people in one go, then you don't need to have a gun.

America is a very violent society compared to their European counterparts (except the Russians) and questions need to be asked on a societal level on why they have so many killing sprees, serial killers, gangland murders, etc.

It can't just be guns as countries with equivalent firearms laws - Canada, Switzerland, Finland, etc. don't experience the same levels of violence. You could quote population numbers, but I've already pointed out South Africa is more violent with a much smaller population.

I'm just suggesting that if the law was switched from

"I want a gun now prove I shouldn't have one"

to

"I want a gun, I can prove I need one"

there'd be less deaths. As well as banning adverts along the line of

"Buy a machine gun before the government sends the troops to steal your underpants"

i dunno it might help.

Quote: sootyj @ December 18 2012, 6:18 PM GMT

No! Where were the reports about serial theft of lawnmowers by the traveller community? eh? Where?

Local Radio, full of it

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 18 2012, 6:28 PM GMT

but I've already pointed out South Africa is more violent with a much smaller population.

Yes and the aftermath of a 60 year civil war, crims from across the poorest continent, massive corruption and crippling poverty.

I don't think anyone would compare the two.

Quote: Pingl @ December 18 2012, 6:33 PM GMT

Local Radio, full of it

Good for local freedom the voice of freedom and lost lawnmowers.

Every nations broadcaster reflects the beliefs and instincts of that country. America is loud, colourful, bad at geography and brash. The BBC is responsible, erudite and with infinate patience with Jonny Foreigner ;)

Viva Local Radio

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20767138

sometimes the news just doesn't seem to get any better.

Quote: sootyj @ December 18 2012, 6:39 PM GMT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20767138

sometimes the news just doesn't seem to get any better.

The world is mad! I'm clinging onto my little bit for dear life.

If they've stopped the Polio program they may well have killed and crippled hundreds.
They don't lack ambition.

Quote: sootyj @ December 18 2012, 6:43 PM GMT

If they've stopped the Polio program they may well have killed and crippled hundreds.
They don't lack ambition.

No just any human compassion