British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,119

Quote: billwill @ December 14 2012, 11:28 PM GMT

Don't..

Waving imitation or BB guns, is what gets you killed by the armed police in this country.

Yes, Bill.

Quote: Kenneth @ December 15 2012, 6:56 AM GMT

Don't scare her with a toy gun - that's just dumb.

Jesus! Why do people on here take everything so deadly serious. I'm not going to wave a gun at anyone - imitation or real. FUCKS SAKE!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 15 2012, 1:23 PM GMT

The majority of Americans own firearms, so that will never happen.

The majority of Americans also own cars and there are 40,000 deaths a year on their roads. Perhaps a ban on privately owned vehicles is also in order.

The comparison to road deaths is pertinent. If cars had never been invented, and someone only now suggested them as a method of public transport, I'm sure we'd all be horrified that they would cause thousands of deaths, and dismiss the whole idea of car-ownership. It seems clear that the availability of guns is linked to spree-killing, and so I doubt the British would ever want to go down the American route of gun-ownership. But the Americans are already there, and who's to say what might happen if they were banned? They tried prohibition once before with alcohol, and it was counter-productive.

Quote: Ben @ December 15 2012, 6:22 PM GMT

Jesus! Why do people on here take everything so deadly serious. I'm not going to wave a gun at anyone - imitation or real. FUCKS SAKE!

Of course if anyone else had posted it...

Yes, Bill.

Use a crossbow much more convincing

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 15 2012, 3:43 PM GMT

I suppose everytime he goes into hospital, all of the news organisations gear up with their 'tributes'. So maybe they have to announce it loudly so no one jumps the gun and reports his death prematurely.

No respectable website would ever report a death prematurely. ;)

Ben, don't wave fake weapons.

I see that Gary McKinnon is going to face no charges for hacking into US military websites. Good for him. However, he's never actually said if he did find anything out about UFOs. I smell a cover-up.

Oh, so the inevitable gun chat rubbish happened on here.

Course it did!

Quote: Nogget @ December 15 2012, 6:24 PM GMT

The comparison to road deaths is pertinent.

No it isn't.

If a madman wants to kill people he will. This circular argument about American gun law is one that only America can answer. The sign of a truly disfunctional society is when its children are allowed to die in the name of the freedom to protect them. If the Americans haven't realised that their gun laws are idiotic by now, why would they after this. A more blinkered, self righteous and culturally bankcrupt country would be hard to find. If in such a society a sickness is at its centre who can be surprised. These tragic deaths will change nothing, so rabid, so blind, so numb to any finer feelings are the gun lobby. The pity is children will continue to die for the so called freedom of some gun weilding dickwits. The whole car death thing is so fatuous as to be laughable.

If your son was an unstable loner wouldn't it make sense to keep your assault rifle more secure

Or perhaps not buy one in the first place

Why would you even need one to begin with

Quote: sootyj @ December 15 2012, 9:15 PM GMT

In case your son got hold of one elsewhere.

Quote: sootyj @ December 15 2012, 9:15 PM GMT

If your son was an unstable loner wouldn't it make sense to keep your assault rifle more secure

Or perhaps not buy one in the first place

Because America is so wrapped up in guns and some ridiculous historical tie to the right to bare arms it would prefer these kind of atrocities than attempting to get rid of guns.

Yes, Bill.

Yeah, I thought that, but it seemed a good opportunity to pontificate on the danger of waving imitation guns around.

Join the Pastafarian religion anybody?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14135523