British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,116

Quality, not quantity.

But easier to spread terror?

I do keep thinking about scaring this girl at work who annoys me with a BB gun I've got which is fairly realistic.

Quote: Ben @ December 14 2012, 10:17 PM GMT

Quality, not quantity.

That's why you'd never make it as a spree killer. It's all about the numbers. I really thought you' have it in you too. But no. Back to your day job.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 14 2012, 10:16 PM GMT

Harder to spree with a knife. The spreer really has to go all out to get the numbers.

Coincidentally there was a murder spree in a school in China today as well. 22 kids stabbed, not one seriously injured or dead. China has strict gun laws.
Speaks for itself, really.

Quote: Ben @ December 14 2012, 10:19 PM GMT

I do keep thinking about scaring this girl at work who annoys me with a BB gun I've got which is fairly realistic.

Don't..

Waving imitation or BB guns, is what gets you killed by the armed police in this country.

You'll probably end up getting tasered.

Quote: billwill @ December 14 2012, 11:28 PM GMT

Don't..

Waving imitation or BB guns, is what gets you killed by the armed police in this country.

There sounds like personal pain behind that statement, billwill.

Quote: chipolata @ December 14 2012, 11:29 PM GMT

There sounds like personal pain behind that statement, billwill.

No not really, just an acute awareness of how easily fatal mistakes have been made in the past when imitation guns are waved about.

Quote: zooo @ December 14 2012, 11:29 PM GMT

You'll probably end up getting tasered.

Not that likely, when guns appear, the armed police appear too and they don't take chances, such as using tasers, they are trained to shoot to kill.

He's right, that's one of the few situations in which UK police get trigger happy.

Get her sacked if she's a nuisance. Or seduce her. And then blog about the seduction. And post photos. Don't scare her with a toy gun - that's just dumb.

Where's DaButt to explain why guns are so awesome and make America safer?

Quote: Kenneth @ December 15 2012, 6:56 AM GMT

Where's DaButt to explain why guns are so awesome and make America safer?

I'll be his UK representative for the time being. According to the BBC, the shooter fit the classic profile - introverted loner with no friends or social skills and most likely suffering from an undiagnosed personality disorder.

I think new laws need to be introduced to spot these freaks at an early age and have them tagged and possibly excluded from society.

Getting rid of the looneys is the only sure way to keep society safe.

It took the NRA about 5 minutes to come out and say that if the teacher had possessed a hand-gun, this whole tragedy could have been avoided.

F**king monkeys.

Quote: Harridan @ December 14 2012, 9:28 PM GMT

I just wonder if there is a point at which the majority of Americans would say that the right to own guns just isn't worth it.

The majority of Americans own firearms, so that will never happen.

The majority of Americans also own cars and there are 40,000 deaths a year on their roads. Perhaps a ban on privately owned vehicles is also in order.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 15 2012, 1:23 PM GMT

The majority of Americans own firearms, so that will never happen.

The majority of Americans also own cars and there are 40,000 deaths a year on their roads. Perhaps a ban on privately owned vehicles is also in order.

Except that the function of a car is transport, the function of a firearm is death.