British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,099

Quote: zooo @ December 9 2012, 11:33 PM GMT

Who's saying he's the enemy!?
Just that he had some silly views.

Casting. First. Stone.

Aw man. Does that mean I put on all this chainmail for nothing? And it's taken me bloody ages to string this longbow.

Quote: Harridan @ December 9 2012, 11:24 PM GMT

Yes, because we must forgive people for being insular, UKIP-supporting, sexist homophobes if they also happen to be old. Rolling eyes

Try not to dance on his grave too much.

Quote: Jinky @ December 9 2012, 11:33 PM GMT

Casting. First. Stone.

Right. Jinky likes Patrick so we're not allowed to discuss him in a bad light. Didn't know, soz. Rolling eyes

Quote: chipolata @ December 9 2012, 11:35 PM GMT

Try not to dance on his grave too much.

As if it matters. Not like I'm posting on his fan forum.

Quote: zooo @ December 9 2012, 11:35 PM GMT

Right. Jinky likes Patrick so we're not allowed to discuss him in a bad light. Didn't know, soz. Rolling eyes

Oh f**k off with that passive-aggressive mumsnet bullshit.

(OOOPPS!! I've sworn at a Mod. Bye bye account)

Quote: Jinky @ December 9 2012, 11:37 PM GMT

Oh f**k off with that passive-aggressive mumsnet bullshit.

(OOOPPS!! I've sworn at a Mod. Bye bye account)

Yeah, let's all be outright aggressive, shall we?

If you look back over what I've actually said, I think you'll see you're massively overreacting, Jinky.

P.S. If I banned everyone who swore at me, there'd be no f**ker left.

Shoot him Zooo

Go on

Shoot him!

Your entitled to

Quote: AJGO @ December 9 2012, 10:38 PM GMT

Agree with the latter part of that, but not feeling sorry for the DJs. If you think it's totes hilare to try to get private information about a person in hospital, especially when it's someone with pregnancy-related issues who isn't yet past the first trimester then you're just a prick as far as I'm concerned. And I'm anti-monarchy!

Way to put down the many people who are doing that job, or who have done that job (i.e. me). Nice to know that testing and supporting people who may have HIV, testing and talking with teenagers who think they may be pregnant or have got someone pregnant, and generally dealing with the population's intimate issues in a compassionate and effective way is the lowest position one can be in.

I am really very sad to hear of the death of Patrick Moore. RIP and thanks and well done dude

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-20656914

Oh come on there's hierarchies in all jobs and being a nurse on the royal spring ward is way up the food chain from wiping the bums of a couple of dozen p pensioners on an mrsa ward

Which I did

Quote: lofthouse @ December 9 2012, 11:40 PM GMT

Shoot him Zooo

Go on

Shoot him!

Your entitled to

Are you sure it was God who embraced you?

Quote: Harridan @ December 9 2012, 11:38 PM GMT

Yeah, let's all be outright aggressive, shall we?

I remember when the internet (as we know it) started. The consensus was that the world would become cleverer.

But it turned out that the lowest common denominator would end up calling the shots.

As you've shown.

Nice to meet you, too.

Quote: Harridan @ December 10 2012, 12:03 AM GMT

Nice to meet you, too.

No need to fight.

You go back to mocking still warm corpses and I'll go back to mocking you.

There's enough internet for everyone.

Ummmm....

Wave

I didn't mock him, I just stated well-known facts about him that unfortunately prevent me from thinking well of him.

Quote: Jinky @ December 9 2012, 11:09 PM GMT

Don't worry, people in 2080 will mock you just as much for not being of their time.

I am not sure that there was ever a time in his life when Moore was ahead of the liberal consensus.