British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,095

Come to think of it, there haven't been any decent prank calls since Victor Lewis-Smith so I'm not fussed if they ban them.

Quote: Jinky @ December 7 2012, 4:39 PM GMT

Come to think of it, there haven't been any decent prank calls since Victor Lewis-Smith so I'm not fussed if they ban them.

I can't believe you just paid for that pizza and ate it.
We were so disappointed.

Quote: Harridan @ December 7 2012, 4:29 PM GMT

We don't actually know that the nurse's death had anything to do with the prank call, do we?

No, you're right, but this being the internet we have established it is all the fault of the royals and/or telephones and/or immigrants and/or the BBC.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 7 2012, 4:37 PM GMT

How come they're not telling us the circumstances behind Jacintha's death? Surely this just leaves everything open for rampant speculation, wild rumour and ill informed accusations?

The way the news has been framed, and indeed the statements made, are indicating that the cause had something to do with the prank call. But who knows this poor woman may hve had many issues or problems, maybe this was the last straw for her. Without the Royal connection none of us would have heard anything about it.

Chris Morris was good at them but because he targeted the famous and powerful, not hapless members of the public just going about their jobs.

Quote: Badge @ December 7 2012, 4:41 PM GMT

No, you're right, but this being the internet we have established it is all the fault of the royals and/or telephones and/or immigrants and/or the BBC.

The Palace released an extra statement saying how much they appreciated the staff at Edward VIII hospital and how they offered support to the nurses caught up in the hoax call.

Read: We didn't have her killed, if that's what you're thinking.

Quote: AJGO @ December 7 2012, 4:41 PM GMT

I can't believe you just paid for that pizza and ate it.

Not the best episode of Phonejacker, but your Nigerian accent was spot on.

Latest on nurse story

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20645838

Royal College of Nursing chief executive Dr Peter Carter... said it was "deeply saddening that a simple human error due to a cruel hoax could lead to the death of a dedicated and caring member of the nursing profession".

Scotland Yard... said the death is not being treated as suspicious.

And also

The Australian Communications and Media Authority (Acma) has said it had received complaints about the call.

Radio station 2Day FM has previously been in trouble with Acma for incidents including one when a 14-year-old girl revealed on air that she had been raped

Don't know the circumstances of that of course but if it was anything like this
then that is horrendously uncool.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 7 2012, 4:45 PM GMT

Not the best episode of Phonejacker, but your Nigerian accent was spot on.

It was meant to be Glaswegian :(

Quote: chipolata @ December 7 2012, 4:16 PM GMT

Charlie Brooker's wrote about similar absurd defences a while back.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2008/mar/10/charliebrooker

Thanks for making me prove I'm a shit person by laughing at 'It was an awkward situation to be in' Unimpressed
Good article, though, cheers!

Is it just me or is the media out of control. The feeding frenzy reminds me of buzzards swooping on carrion, distateful. There is to much media now, it will end up eating itself.

Hopefully.

British authorities have insisted they are prepared for the looming apocalypse and have issued advice on how to cope.

In the event that the world ends on December 21, the public should check the car, fit a smoke alarm and learn to make a fire.

Pirate

The Australian Communications and Media Authority (Acma) has said it had received complaints about the call.

Radio station 2Day FM has previously been in trouble with Acma for incidents including one when a 14-year-old girl revealed on air that she had been raped

Don't know the circumstances of that of course but if it was anything like this
then that is horrendously uncool.

A teenage girl, about 14 or 15 was taking part in a lie detector test. Her Mother was present at the time. The girl was asked if she had ever had sex and stated that she had been raped when she was 12 years old. The male host then replied something like "Is that the only sexual experience you've had?

The host in question is known saying vile/stupid/inappropriate things.

I have sympathy for that nurse

But shit!

If everyone killed themselves just cos someone played a harmless prank on them there'd be about a hundred people left on the planet

And Jeremy beadle would have gone down in history as a mass murdering serial killer

On an unrelated noted, did anyone see them three xfactor blokes singing a Carol on downing street yesterday?

What a set of PRICKS!!

For f**ks sake

Vomit inducing is an understatement

Creapy slimy tossers

Quote: lofthouse @ December 8 2012, 1:04 PM GMT

I have sympathy for that nurse

But shit!

If everyone killed themselves just cos someone played a harmless prank on them there'd be about a hundred people left on the planet

And Jeremy beadle would have gone down in history as a mass murdering serial killer

On an unrelated noted, did anyone see them three xfactor blokes singing a Carol on downing street yesterday?

What a set of PRICKS!!

For f**ks sake

Vomit inducing is an understatement

Creapy slimy tossers

Lets be honest if anyone deserves to be sung at by the XFactor dicks its Cameron and Co

Nelson Mandela admitted to hospital. I hope he is alright, one of the few truly great men of the post war world.