British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,092

I wouldn't be surprised if he'd been set up.

Partly based on my very scientific feeling that he doesn't particularly give off the wrong'n paedo vibe (like all the rest have).

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 7 2012, 12:55 PM GMT

Are we now seeing the settling of old scores via the medium of sex crime allegations?

If that was the case, they'd have gone for Alan Green instead of Stuart Hall.

Quote: zooo @ December 7 2012, 1:08 PM GMT

he doesn't particularly give off the wrong'n paedo vibe (like all the rest have).

Must admit that my paedar didn't go off with Stuart Hall. Michael Winner, John Mccririck, Dennis Norden, Paul Daniels and even Sir Patrick Moore all give off a creepy vibe. Oh wait and Timmy Mallet. Definitely Timmy Mallet.

Noooooo! Timmy Mallet's A-okay.

Quote: Jinky @ December 7 2012, 1:09 PM GMT

If that was the case, they'd have gone for Alan Green instead of Stuart Hall.

Not sure about paedo, but a massive shoe-in for the prestigious 'Cotter Spotter' category.

Quote: zooo @ December 7 2012, 1:17 PM GMT

Noooooo! Timmy Mallet's A-okay.

He was always bonking kids with his pink hammer.

Nobody nowadays remembers that Stuart Hall was a shoplifter, so I'm sure in a few weeks time this current kerfuffle will soon be forgotten.

Quote: David Bussell @ December 7 2012, 10:09 AM GMT

That's a peculiar one though, given that it's not considered offensive in some other countries, for example, Australia.

I think it is starting to be seen as offensive by some. Perhaps in the past it is more that there weren't a lot of people from that region living or holidaying here.

Quote: Jinky @ December 7 2012, 1:22 PM GMT

Nobody nowadays remembers that Stuart Hall was a shirtlifter, so I'm sure in a few weeks time this current kerfuffle will soon be forgotten.

Really?

The news has just reported that one of the nurses in the Royal hospital that took the hoax phone call during Kate's morning sickness has been found dead.

Suicide, murder, bad timing? Blimey. :O

Most peculiar. And very sad, obviously.

Don't mess with the firm

Don't mess with the firm

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 7 2012, 3:17 PM GMT

The news has just reported that one of the nurses in the Royal hospital that took the hoax phone call during Kate's morning sickness has been found dead.

Blimey is right. Just about to post this up myself. but the BSG's resident snatchnewshound got there first.

Alright, heard you the first time, sooty.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 7 2012, 12:55 PM GMT

I've been thinking about Max Clifford's arrest recently. He is a loathesome individual who has exploited innocent people and used bullying tactics to get stories planted or surpressed in the national press.

However, his guilt or innocence over recent sexual allegations is now a matter of redundancy. His name has been dragged through the mud, he has been associated with Operation Yewtree and as far as the public are concerned, he am a paedo-ist, even though the allegations have nothing to do with children.

Are we now seeing the settling of old scores via the medium of sex crime allegations? Is it possible that powerful media types are paying 'victims' to come forward to make claims against particular people? Are allegations and not proof enough for the police to make a high profile arrest and for said arrest to be massively publicised?

Just some thoughts.

If that's even slightly true its too depressing to contemplkate

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 7 2012, 3:17 PM GMT

I'd guess suicide.

While I'm wearing my guessing pants, I'll also guess that those Aussie DJs will soon be looking for new work.

Nude photos, dead nurses....Katie's not brought much luck to the family, has she?

And it'll be a lot worse when the divorce happens in around 8-10 years from now.