British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,081

I thought this was novel and creative a human advent calendar:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-20552460

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 1 2012, 2:44 AM GMT

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4675359/TV-star-named-online-as-being-interviewed-in-Jimmy-Savile-sex-abuse-operation.html

I hope this isn't right, but at the same time there's a brilliantly obvious joke to be had if it is.

Can you guess who is it yet?

Happy to oblige.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 1 2012, 2:44 AM GMT

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4675359/TV-star-named-online-as-being-interviewed-in-Jimmy-Savile-sex-abuse-operation.html

I hope this isn't right, but at the same time there's a brilliantly obvious joke to be had if it is.

I think Chris Morris hit the nail straight on the head with his Brass eye special on paedophiles. There is so much hypocrisy in media/comedy as far as this shit is concerned

Quote: Carlos Manwelly @ December 1 2012, 8:41 PM GMT

I think Chris Morris hit the nail straight on the head with his Brass eye special on paedophiles. There is so much hypocrisy in media/comedy as far as this shit is concerned

In what way? Are you saying that people over-react to paedophilia somehow?

No I mean in terms of the media and comedians, I think it's like the old double standards rule, comedians can't wait to find out who is next on the list so they can make jokes about it, that is what is sick, people sitting in their offices pens in hand waiting to make the next joke, it's vile

Quote: Carlos Manwelly @ December 1 2012, 9:24 PM GMT

No I mean in terms of the media and comedians, I think it's like the old double standards rule, comedians can't wait to find out who is next on the list so they can make jokes about it, that is what is sick, people sitting in their offices pens in hand waiting to make the next joke, it's vile

Congratulations to Carlos for successfully identifying the real problem here.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 1 2012, 9:27 PM GMT

Congratulations to Carlos for successfully identifying the real problem here.

Thank you Kevin, Chris Morris identified it I thought (well that is what I took from it) and it is worse now with text messages flying around, this is the British comedy guide not sickipedia

Well said Carlos paedoparanoia is actually massively unhelpful when investigating genuine cases of abuse.

I am never sure if you are serious or not sootyj, I have never heard that word before, so I will take it with a pinch of salt because you used the word genuine as well

I hope that green c**t Kermit gets fingered by the police.

I hate the muppets creepy little bastard hanging around Sesame Street all the time.

Quote: Carlos Manwelly @ December 1 2012, 9:34 PM GMT

Thank you Kevin, Chris Morris identified it I thought (well that is what I took from it) and it is worse now with text messages flying around, this is the British comedy guide not sickipedia

Uncongratulations to Carlos for successfully identifying sarcasm in this thread.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 1 2012, 9:50 PM GMT

Uncongratulations to Carlos for successfully identifying sarcasm in this thread.

What goes up must come down

Quote: sootyj @ December 1 2012, 9:45 PM GMT

I hope that green c**t Kermit gets fingered by the police.

I hate the muppets creepy little bastard hanging around Sesame Street all the time.

I think miss piggy is onto it, I heard she is an undercover cop

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 1 2012, 9:50 PM GMT

I don't understand this world anymore I'm not sure I ever did

Quote: sootyj @ December 1 2012, 10:00 PM GMT

I don't understand this world anymore I'm not sure I ever did

Join the club. Where am I! Are you my Mother?

Quote: Carlos Manwelly @ December 1 2012, 9:42 PM GMT

I am never sure if you are serious or not sootyj, I have never heard that word before, so I will take it with a pinch of salt because you used the word genuine as well

Neither am Ithat's half the fun