British Comedy Guide

Who do you fancy? Page 885

Is that the one where you tap them three times on the chest and they take two steps and die?

Is alpine skiing popular in Britain? This is the women's ski circuit's most successful racer and hottest babe at the same time, Lindsey Vonn:

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ December 1 2012, 1:15 PM GMT

Is alpine skiing popular in Britain?

Second only to Aussie Rules Football.

Re: Miranda

I think she is a very talented, likeable and extremely funny comedy actress. I do dislike it when people rubbish her show based on her looks.

Do I find her attractive and sexually alluring? No way. The pub I was in last night had 20 women much better looking then Miranda.

She is 'off da telly' and as I've pointed out many times before, people seem to like anyone that's pushed at them through the goggle box. I think it's a form of extreme laziness or brain washing through constant repitition.

talent and being funny is an aphrodisiac though.

Quote: Pingl @ December 1 2012, 2:00 PM GMT

talent and being funny is an aphrodisiac though.

Mate, if you wanna shag it, then you go right ahead, I ain't stopping you. Just don't expect me to agree with your version of female beauty.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 1 2012, 1:58 PM GMT

Re: Miranda

I think she is a very talented, likeable and extremely funny comedy actress. I do dislike it when people rubbish her show based on her looks.

Do I find her attractive and sexually alluring? No way. The pub I was in last night had 20 women much better looking then Miranda.

She is 'off da telly' and as I've pointed out many times before, people seem to like anyone that's pushed at them through the goggle box. I think it's a form of extreme laziness or brain washing through constant repitition.

Or people have different tastes?

I think the opposite is true where famous people are concerned. I think people are far more eager to dismiss average-looking famous people as repulsively hideous than they would be if they met them in real life. Perhaps we've got so used to the idea that people on screens should be unnaturally and uniformly beautiful that when a normal person ventures on to the screen we are horrified by the contrast?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 1 2012, 2:04 PM GMT

Mate, if you wanna shag it, then you go right ahead, I ain't stopping you. Just don't expect me to agree with your version of female beauty.

'it'? Really, RC? Even by your standards calling a woman 'it' is pretty shit.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 1 2012, 1:58 PM GMT

I agree with you. People now say, "Oh, Daniel Craig is the best Bond ever". They said the same about the ones before him. The Media dictates what's "good" or at least "interesting". And people believe in the media, they are too lazy to think for themselves.

Quote: Harridan @ December 1 2012, 2:06 PM GMT

Perhaps we've got so used to the idea that people on screens should be unnaturally and uniformly beautiful that when a normal person ventures on to the screen we are horrified by the contrast?

As evidenced by some of the 'specimens' that people have posted up on this thread as being shag-worthy, I think the opposite view point entirely applies to the argument.

James Corden, Adele, Sarah Millican, Adrian Chiles, Wayne Rooney, etc. wouldn't get looked at twice in any pub unless they were famous.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 1 2012, 2:13 PM GMT

As evidenced by some of the 'specimens' that people have posted up on this thread as being shag-worthy, I think the opposite view point entirely applies to the argument.

James Corden, Adele, Sarah Millican, Adrian Chiles, Wayne Rooney, etc. wouldn't get looked at twice in any pub unless they were famous.

Obviously not true as they probably all managed to have relationships before they were famous.

Quote: Harridan @ December 1 2012, 2:07 PM GMT

'it'? Really, RC? Even by your standards calling a woman 'it' is pretty shit.

'Shagging it' is common parlance round my way. Shit or not, it is an expression that is in abundant usage. 'Did you see that barmaid? I wouldn't mind shagging it'.

'It' does not refer to attractiveness, just the usual sexual objectification of the female gender.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 1 2012, 2:15 PM GMT

'Shagging it' is common parlance round my way. Shit or not, it is an expression that is in abundant usage. 'Did you see that barmaid? I wouldn't mind shagging it'.

'It' does not refer to attractiveness, just the usual sexual objectification of the female gender.

Well that's alright then. Rolling eyes

Quote: Harridan @ December 1 2012, 2:14 PM GMT

Obviously not true as they probably all managed to have relationships before they were famous.

Susan Boyle didn't. But nonetheless, being able to find one person that thinks you're attractive is one thing, having thousands of fans offering you free holidays and sexual congress is another.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 1 2012, 2:15 PM GMT

Lead by example, RC! ( I base much of how I act in day to day life on your teachings.) (I get smacked A LOT) ( Whistling nnocently )

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 1 2012, 2:04 PM GMT

Thankfully beauty is in the eye of the beholder and tastes differ, if there were just one vision of beauty we'd all die lonely