British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,073

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 26 2012, 12:11 PM GMT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20492254

Foster children taken away from couple because their new parents belonged to UKIP. This really is the 'loony left gone mad' stuff that Sun journalists crave so badly. Putting kids in care homes and temporary accommodation because the Labour run council is a bunch of twats is pretty shoddy.

And in other news -

The insurance companies are asking the government for money so they can pay for the flood damage. Maybe I'm thick, but this sounds like even more dodgy, underhand, criminal shite from the biggest con artists going. God, I hate insurance companies.

You don't possibly think it's to distract from their disasterous innability to deal with paedophile gangs (that happen to be run by Asians who work in the kebab industry)

Quote: sootyj @ November 26 2012, 12:23 PM GMT

You don't possibly think it's to distract from their disasterous innability to deal with paedophile gangs

Now there would be some ironic ironicalness. The kids 'resuced' from the UKIP parents go into care before being sexually exploited by a multicultural gang of paedos.

But the shocking thing is the first thing people learn in child welfare is how bad disruption is. Ok it would have been dodgy to not send them in the first place. But now to pull them out?
Madness.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2236774/Police-arrest-34-year-old-man-following-attack-girl-16-knocked-cold-stranger-street.html

So they arrested the twat. And I bet he goes to jail, not for the assault. But because the gavers found some ganga in his pad.

Though frankly its people like him who make me think we should bring back hanging.

I was thinking about this. Like the civil list, the queen should have a list of I dunno 10 people who if found guilty can be hanged.

You could show it on the BBC over the Christmas holidays and have maybe Louie Spence from Pineapple Dance studios do a little dance before pulling the lever. And have the condemneds last words heard by Anthea Turner.

Quote: sootyj @ November 26 2012, 1:02 PM GMT

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2236774/Police-arrest-34-year-old-man-following-attack-girl-16-knocked-cold-stranger-street.html

Yeah man, it was wicked. I be watching it on You Tube wiv me mates and we crack up each time, it is jokes man. One minute dat bitch was walking along da street and then kapow!, he done f**k her up. Respect blud, gotta keep dem hos in line, know what I'm saying bruv?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 26 2012, 12:11 PM GMT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20492254

Foster children taken away from couple because their new parents belonged to UKIP.
This really is the 'loony left gone mad' stuff

The foster parents should be ashamed of themselves, and be thrown out of Ukip for not being xenophobic.

Well this is depressing: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-20503660

A four-week-old boy "bled to death" after a home circumcision carried out by a nurse, a court has heard.

Quote: Harridan @ November 26 2012, 8:51 PM GMT

Well this is depressing: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-20503660

A four-week-old boy "bled to death" after a home circumcision carried out by a nurse, a court has heard.

God that is awful, it would be Manchester, I feel really depressed now poor mite.

Quote: Harridan @ November 26 2012, 8:51 PM GMT

FFS.
The bit that at some point is going to be a nationwide scandal is the midwife part. There are some really f**king dodgy midwives about. Like, really, really scary worrying. Like, I don't know quite how to convey the extent of the shockingness of what seems to be a LOT of midwives in this country. Like, that a lot of my friends and I would rather take the risks of a home birth than put ourselves in the position of being dependent on the midwifery that seems increasingly common. It's terrifying, and I have no idea how they become qualified.

Seems odd, in this day and age, that everyone is fine with adults slicing off a bit of a babies body because a religion says so. I don't want to get into a big fight about religion. Just always seemed very odd to me.

It is incredibly shocking. Reminds me of a story about a year ago about a nurse who killed her baby by force-feeding it because she thought that was normal.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 26 2012, 9:51 PM GMT

Seems odd, in this day and age, that everyone is fine with adults slicing off a bit of a babies body because a religion says so. I don't want to get into a big fight about religion. Just always seemed very odd to me.

Quite.

Quote: Harridan @ November 26 2012, 9:52 PM GMT

Quite.

I mean, if you choose to do it as an adult of your own free will, well, you're odd, but at least it's your decision.

I just can't cope with this kind of thing. People responsible for the death of children should be locked up for life.

Absolutely. Permanently altering the body of your child in accordance with bronze age desert health practices because they are included in your holy book is abhorrent to me.

I don't know how people who lose a child, no matter what age cope, their bravery amazes me. I would just crumble.

An interesting aside to the moral/religious debate is the recent trials in African countries that seem to show that being circumcised can help prevent giving a partner HIV.

It's quite an uncomfortable position for woolly-eyed liberals like me to be in, because it kind of says to men who sleep around that we're helping you out, but then if they're doing that anyway better women don't get HIV, but then why can't money that goes into development in countries where it's- according to scientific funding allocation- the norm to f**k loads of women, be spent on education and just directly helping the women, but then that's assuming that the men are all like that which is stereotyping, but then if it's such a cultural norm that so much money and time has been put into trials to see if this helps prevent the spread of HIV then surely it's reasonable to assume that's very much the cultural norm, but then if we're interfering by saying giving women HIV is wrong are we then going to take it any further and do anything about supporting men and women who are living longer or are we just going 'ta-da, look how clever we are for finding this out' and then leaving people to live painfully longer and still spread HIV (it's not at all a foolproof method) and/or other diseases or infections?

(I don't know what the findings are regarding other sexual transmissions but although things like genital herpes aren't considered generally to be quite so bad, I've nursed people who are in agony trying to walk from one end of a small room to another, and this is in North London, not somewhere where there may be inadequate medical or domestic help, in a culture that seemingly says women are there to be f**ked so let's at least indulge the men so the women might sometimes not get HIV. Actually, I do know what my position on this is; f**k the f**k off, spend the money on schools for children where females get an opportunity in life and males see that females are their equals, and on any scheme that helps women say f**k the f**k off. I'm aghast that we spent so much time and money making it okay for some men to do exactly what they want and maybe, perhaps, hopefully not screw up women's health. If we're going to interfere in another culture at least let's have the courage of our convictions and use those resources for long-term good. No-one provoked me to think this and now I'm fuming. When will the self-torture end?!)