British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,066

Hamas's charter includes the aspiration that 'The Day of Judgment will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews (killing the Jews)'. While many concentrate on its death-cult worship, its blood-thirsty killing of adversaries, or its contempt for women, Christians and homosexuals, it is this aspiration for genocide that is at the root of Hamas activities.

This is the primary reason why Hamas, the governing regime in Gaza, will never recognise or accept a peace accord with Israel in any form.

Since Israel left Gaza in 2005, thousands of rockets have rained down on Israeli cities and towns in deliberate contravention not just of international law, but all humanity and morality.

While some might suggest the so-called blockade is the cause of the attacks, it is actually a consequence. The restrictions were only implemented two years after Israel left Gaza, when it was clear that instead of building a "Singapore of the Middle East", Hamas was interested in importing stockpiles of weapons from places like Iran. Instead of building a future for its people, Hamas built an open-air prison for the million and a half inhabitants who fell into its grasp.

You cut and pasted that from the Jerusalem Post!

Never did! You jump to conclusions to readily sootyj...
Take that back now - It was The Guardian. It echoes my opinions and thoughts on the situation perfectly.
I only read the Jerusalem Post whilst waiting at my jewish friends house before we play golf in Whitefield. He lets me rent his laptop to read it for ten minutes or so.
What a character, he's such a tight bastard, he doesn't shout 'FORE!' he shouts '£3.99'
Pigeon-holing? Huh?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/nov/19/sally-bercow-twitter-girl-forrest

In the initial stages of dealing with his case, the court made a section 39 order under the Children and Young Persons Act 1933, banning identification of the girl

Does anyone know when this actually was? Presumably after (EDIT: Actually, she is a minor so out of decency I'll remove the name despite this all being ridiculous) was on the front of every newspaper in the country?
And should Bercow have been aware of the court order any more than anyone else?

I really enjoy being annoyed by Sally Bercow, so if someone can please point out why she's in the wrong that'd be much appreciated.

Quote: AJGO @ November 20 2012, 4:33 PM GMT

I really enjoy being annoyed by Sally Bercow, so if someone can please point out why she's in the wrong that'd be much appreciated.

Because she's Sally Bercow, of course. *snorts derisively*

No woman Bishops, Church of England moves with the times, those times being 1951. I'm not making the bang the bishop joke, I can't be bothered.

To be fair the Church of England did vote for women bishops by a large margin. A result like that in a general election would be a landlide. It's just the crazy rules don't let a majority decision stand.

Quote: bigfella @ November 20 2012, 8:37 PM GMT

To be fair the Church of England did vote for women bishops by a large margin. A result like that in a general election would be a landlide. It's just the crazy rules don't let a majority decision stand.

True but it still didn't get through, who knows when gay priests will ever happen or gay marriage. They need to move with the times or the times will move on without them.

Like the avatar !

:D

Quote: Pingl @ November 20 2012, 8:03 PM GMT

No woman Bishops, Church of England moves with the times, those times being 1951. I'm not making the bang the bishop joke, I can't be bothered.

Chicks just aren't able to handle the strenuous work carried out by bishops, there's lots of heavy lifting, carrying boxes up stairs, public urination, etc. plus they can't take the morning off sick just because it's jam rag week.

Besides, it's Bishopric not Bishopvag.

Aww :(

I thought at least YOU might have cracked the bashing the bishop joke

I've got all night......

Quote: lofthouse @ November 20 2012, 10:44 PM GMT

I thought at least YOU might have cracked the bashing the bishop joke

That's extemely sexist and outdated terminology. I long for the day when women can smack their bishop.

You know what they say about Lady Bishops - the tighter the mitre, the more vibrate in the primate.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 20 2012, 11:05 PM GMT

That's extemely sexist and outdated terminology. I long for the day when women can smack their bishop.

You know what they say about Lady Bishops - the tighter the mitre, the more vibrate in the primate.

That'll do it

G'night Wave

Quote: Oldrocker @ November 20 2012, 9:23 PM GMT

Like the avatar !

:D

Viva Hancock :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20408094

This is an interesting story - the son of the founder of the Hollywood Reporter has written a really candid apology for his father's role in the Hollywood blacklisting of people with supposed communist ties/sympathies.

"For whatever reason, the movie brass refused him entry into their 'club' and squashed his dream," Mr Wilkerson goes on. "So he found another one: exacting revenge."