British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,045

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 6 2012, 11:24 PM GMT

It's because he's buying into the contrarian agenda hook, line and sinker. If only he was able to form his own thoughts...

That.

Quote: Lee @ November 6 2012, 11:46 PM GMT

That.

Didn't you get that off Nils Putters?

Angry

Quote: Badge @ November 6 2012, 11:19 PM GMT

Renegade, why do you think the US election is so important? You seem to be the main person talking about it.

All night live election coverage on BBC1, ITV, BBC News 24 and Sky News. I had no idea that these mighty news channels were catering content specifically for me.

That.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 7 2012, 12:49 AM GMT

All night live election coverage on BBC1, ITV, BBC News 24 and Sky News. I had no idea that these mighty news channels were catering content specifically for me.

That.

Dear God.

Do you not realise that the main USA news channels give 24hr live coverage to our general elections as well?

That's us, over here, to the right of a map of the USA, but not as far right as Poland. Just above the Isle of Wight actually.

Renegade's Modus Op:

1) create some flawed hypothesis
2) observe bad thing happening in the world/country/postcode
3) relate it to flawed hypothesis
4) "proves" hypothesis

Hypothesis usually involves liberals, women, the foreigns, etc. Hypothesis most likely reveals personal insecurities about liberals, women, the foreigns, etc rather than actual problems with his world/country/postcode.

Happy trolling! Wave

Oh, Badge. You know that's quite a controversial word to use around here and on any forum in fact.

We all know R.C tries to be provocative with his posts and if you truly believe he or anyone else is a troll, the best and most common advice is not to feed them.

Now R.C will probably want to defend himself, or maybe someone will jump in there for him, and soon we'll have a full blown slangin' match on our hands. Let's see who can be the bigger person for once, aye? Let it be dropped after R.C has his rebuttal and never speak of it again.

Errr

Quote: Badge @ November 7 2012, 1:02 AM GMT

Renegade's Modus Op:

1) create some flawed hypothesis
2) observe bad thing happening in the world/country/postcode
3) relate it to flawed hypothesis
4) "proves" hypothesis

Hypothesis usually involves liberals, women, the foreigns, etc. Hypothesis most likely reveals personal insecurities about liberals, women, the foreigns, etc rather than actual problems with his world/country/postcode.

Happy trolling! Wave

It's called a "straw man" argument. It's well-documented.

Quote: Lee @ November 7 2012, 1:38 AM GMT

or maybe someone will jump in there for him, and soon we'll have a full blown slangin' match on our hands

Oh.

I'm going to spank your arse, Kevin. By which I mean your avatars arse...

Okay Lee, as usual I will accept the wise advice of mods. I remain slightly confused though, given that some trollery is pretty much condoned if not encouraged and the idea that "everyone knows" that someone is being provocative is a bit rich when this forum has new visitors every day. And hang on, isn't someone being deliberately provocative a definition of trolling? Maybe not, depends who you are.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 6 2012, 11:02 PM GMT

US Election News just in -

It will take days for the votes to be counted,

Obama declared the winner this morning.

Quote: Badge @ November 7 2012, 12:17 AM GMT

Didn't you get that off Nils Putters?

Quote: Lee @ November 7 2012, 12:27 AM GMT

Angry

Laughing out loud

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 7 2012, 8:51 AM GMT

Spoilers!

Quote: Badge @ November 7 2012, 1:02 AM GMT

Renegade's Modus Op:

1) Observe something in the news
2) Mention it on the 'I read the news today oh boy! thread
3) Puts forward hypothesis on said news
4) Engages in discussion

Hypothesis is discussed at length until other BCG members lose argument and call R.C. names. Even though several personal attacks are made on Renegade Carpark, he is the one accused of being a troll. R.C.'s biggest fault is not toeing some mythical liberal line to fit in with the rest of the forum, as a result is accused of being contrarian. Even Moderators jump in to attack Renegade Carpark, who thankfully is strong enough and smart enough to defend himself against all comers. However, it is double plus ungood.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 7 2012, 8:51 AM GMT

Why do you care so much about the US elections, you seem to be the only one mentioning it, you contrarian troll. ;)

It's the first time I've mentioned it! I think...

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 7 2012, 9:28 AM GMT

1)liberal

New drinking game, every time RC goes on a mad one about 'liberals', you down a shot. We'll all be dead within the week.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 7 2012, 9:29 AM GMT

It's the first time I've mentioned it! I think...

I've just gone back over the last 10 pages of this thread and this is the first time I've mentioned it as well.

Maybe people are seeing things that aren't there.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 7 2012, 9:32 AM GMT

New drinking game, every time RC goes on a mad one about 'liberals', you down a shot. We'll all be dead within the week.

I did the Matthew Stott drinking game - down a shot everytime he praises a new comedy programme irrespective of quality - I damn near lost my liver. :P