British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,044

Quote: sootyj @ November 6 2012, 12:40 PM GMT

That's where it starts/

But then what will people panic about? That if they go back in time and then get a job at the BBC someone might have sex on them?

No a moral panic is quite a specific thing.

It's basically anyone who's not actually dead going to prison on very shaky evidence.

Look up the Orkney one for one of the best recorded instance.

or this excellent documentary

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0342172/

There's a lot of guys in prison on heresay evidence,that's scarily shaky.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 6 2012, 11:43 AM GMT

Seems to me to be a slight difference between the overwhelming amount of evidence against the recently deceased Saville, the scale of his behaviour, and this single claim against a man who has been dead for almost thirty years.

Hold on though- I read that in the Daily Mail. Case closed.

Here's a story with no paedophiles in it - an increasingly rare event these days.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/sep/03/azelle-rodney-shot-six-times

The inquest into Azelle Rodney's shooting is happening and the press are making a big deal about the firearms officer having shot people before. I don't understand, isn't it a good thing that the cop who pulled the trigger has years of experience in these types of situations?

Azelle's idiot mother has claimed that police 'executed' her son and walked out during the inquest asking 'How many more have to die?'. I suppose a good way to stop your kids from being shot is to not raise them as machine gun weilding gangsters.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 6 2012, 1:43 PM GMT

Here's a story with no paedophiles in it - an increasingly rare event these days.

The inquest into Azelle Rodney's shooting is happening and the press are making a big deal about the firearms officer having shot people before. I don't understand, isn't it a good thing that the cop who pulled the trigger has years of experience in these types of situations?

Azelle's idiot mother has claimed that police 'executed' her son and walked out during the inquest asking 'How many more have to die?'. I suppose a good way to stop your kids from being shot is to not raise them as machine gun weilding gangsters.

Can we not discuss these sort of stories; without Dabutt around it's just...it's not the same. Teary

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 6 2012, 1:46 PM GMT

Can we not discuss these sort of stories; without Dabutt around it's just...it's not the same. Teary

I dunno, Carpark's doing a pretty good job filling in.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 6 2012, 1:49 PM GMT

I dunno, Carpark's doing a pretty good job filling in.

He'll always be a limey pretender to the throne.

Whatever happened to that neighbourhood watch shooting that got people in a tizz a while back?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 6 2012, 1:54 PM GMT

Whatever happened to that neighbourhood watch shooting that got people in a tizz a while back?

Trial date is set for June 2013 - when all the good summer blockbusters come out. There might even be a new President who's son doesn't remind him of young Trayvon.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 6 2012, 1:06 PM GMT

But then what will people panic about? That if they go back in time and then get a job at the BBC someone might have sex on them?

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

I'm a fan of sci-fi AND the beeb, this is bound to happen to me.
I demand money from someone immediately

Quote: AJGO @ November 6 2012, 2:51 PM GMT

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

I'm a fan of sci-fi AND the beeb, this is bound to happen to me.
I demand money from someone immediately

Knowing my luck, I'd go back in time and get abused by a nobody. Damn these stage school kids, they get all the breaks.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 6 2012, 1:43 PM GMT

The story is a perfect waste of time

If so19 drove around peckham In KKK outfits machine gunning Nigerian churches they'd be let off

And getting shot whilst driving off to rob other drug dealers is an occupational hazard

I do think they should sterilise his family
Y

US Election News just in -

It will take days for the votes to be counted, but it won't stop moronic British people staying up all night to watch the coverage. Political pundits will do their best to fill time by 'predicting' which state voted for whom, even though they might be completely wrong.

We'll also look at how having a different American President will impact on the UK - it won't.

Renegade, why do you think the US election is so important? You seem to be the main person talking about it.

Quote: Badge @ November 6 2012, 11:19 PM GMT

Renegade, why do you think the US election is so important? You seem to be the main person talking about it.

It's because he's buying into the contrarian agenda hook, line and sinker. If only he was able to form his own thoughts...

Is there an election?