British Comedy Guide

Zombie Dating Video : Halloween Comedy Special

Hey guys,

Here is a new comedy film. You'll be happy to know I got an actual actor in this time

Synopsis: Stan, 26, tall, kind and outgoing seeking similar. Don't be put off by the zombie features, I don't even like brains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1qQiDQ9aOk

This film was made for the reed.co.uk short film competition. The theme this year is 'Ambition'. In this mockumentary style dating video we follow Stan and how he explains his zombie situation and how he still hasn't given up on looking for love. Ambition knows no bounds.

Written, Edited and Directed by
Callum Thomson (@cal_t1)

Starring Joseph Maudsley (@JosephMaudsley)
and
Callum Thomson

Camera Operator
Patrick Shelton

Sound Mixer
Ant Richardson

Make-up Artist
Emma Heath

BTS Operator
Jack Kenna

Original Music by
Graeme Osborne

Let me know what you think

Hey guys, any more constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated

Why not check out our BTS video too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1c1jY3Zdmk

Ok not great, sorry.

Basically the joke is that he's a zombie looking for a date. But other than a reference to not liking brains,that's it. He's a guy in make up and that's it. Looking for a date.

The whole joke would be how would, a stinking, mindless, shuffling, brain devouring cadaver seek love? What would he look for in a girl other than a brain to eat?

And there is no twist. Maybe he thinks his love of Take That or desire to reenact 50 shades makes him unattractive? I dunno.

But other wise its a little bit meh.

Seemed like a bit of a waste of a premise to me. By shying away from the stuff that makes a zombie a zombie (hunger for brains, shuffling gait etc) all you're left with is a regular guy in make-up. He might as well have been a burns victim complaining about being mistaken for the undead. I reckon you'd have got far more juice out of the sketch if you'd played it straighter - had him at the butchers buying a cow's brain for his Sunday lunch, or getting ticketed for littering after his arm rots off in the street. You sort of started out that way with the fork-waving villager, you just needed to build on that rather than condemning the rest of the sketch to a static piece to camera in a kitchen.

Taking his date to lunch at the cemetry with a shovel to dig up a fresh corpse.

I wrote loads of these every day zombie sketches, they're quite fun.