British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,036

Jeremy Hardys rant about Savile in this weeks news quiz was very funny

Quote: sootyj @ October 28 2012, 11:54 AM GMT

And already there are claims saville raped people whilst they were drugged so ciyldnt remember the details truly the circus is in town

I wonder how many are just jumping on the bandwagon in hope of getting a freebie compensation payout.

About 50%.
And that's being generous.
And it's not about money, it's about attention.
Fame is such a drug these days.

Quote: billwill @ October 28 2012, 12:05 PM GMT

I wonder how many are just jumping on the bandwagon in hope of getting a freebie compensation payout.

Isn't it comments like that one of the reasons his victims were too scared to speak out?

Quote: lofthouse @ October 28 2012, 12:08 PM GMT

Isn't it comments like that one of the reasons his victims were too scared to speak out?

Yes.

Quite right!

Surely not. I doubt that a victim of abuse at or shortly after the event is even thinking at all about financial compensation. I expect they just want the abuser stopped.

But now: tales of abuse 30 years ago and the alleged abuser dead as a doornail and unable to refute your claim, and the thought that the BBC might be obliged to pay compensation, it's a golden opportunity for some people to lie and claim they were abused by Savile.

Yes but the idea that it could turn into a full blooded Moral panic with people having to prove their innocence is scary

And Freddie Starr could be going to jail for pinching someone's arose when he was pissed 30 years ago

Glitter men I'm just amazed hes still in the entry h must be broke in both senses

Quote: billwill @ October 28 2012, 12:48 PM GMT

Surely not. I doubt that a victim of abuse at or shortly after the event is even thinking at all about financial compensation. I expect they just want the abuser stopped.

But now: tales of abuse 30 years ago and the alleged abuser dead as a doornail and unable to refute your claim, and the thought that the BBC might be obliged to pay compensation, it's a golden opportunity for some people to lie and claim they were abused by Savile.

Unfortunately true Even dead paedos deserve a fair trial

And its your license fee

Quote: billwill @ October 28 2012, 12:48 PM GMT

Not only did Jimmy Savile abuse me, his cigar smoke gave me cancer, can I have twice as much money please?

Are we accusing billwill of silencing the victims of Jimmy Savile now? Cool, can I join the mob?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 28 2012, 2:54 PM GMT

Are we accusing billwill of silencing the victims of Jimmy Savile now? Cool, can I join the mob?

No, even a Mob has to have standards.

Eek, mass evacuation in New York

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/oct/28/hurricane-sandy-new-york-coast

"Mr Osolase acknowledges and regrets the consequences of his actions in relation to taking the girls out of the UK, and he has to bear the consequences of those actions," Mr Orchard told the court.

Wow, even a lawyer couldn't find anything nice to say about the guy, just he's sorry he got caught and is going down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20125115

I f**kin' give up. I really, really do . . .

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/10/27/justin-bieber-cancer-hoax_n_2029198.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

http://www.expressandstar.com/entertainment/showbiz-news/2012/10/30/one-direction-to-do-a-take-that/

Cheers guys, see you in 2022 !

Bye !

Disney have bought Lucasfilms

NEW Star Wars movie in 2015

Disney....

Sheesh

Goofy will probably play jar jars brother