British Comedy Guide

Jimmy Savile Page 37

Quote: Pingl @ October 17 2012, 12:28 PM BST

i used to live in New zealand, I don't know about now, but back then it was wonderful. Seriously considering going back.

Yes, New Zealand is a much better place to bring up kids...except...

- It's very damp.

- The locals have quite a chip on their shoulders about Brits.

- It's near Australia.

- New Zealand comedy is Flight of the Conchords and nothing else.

If I had to live in another country, I might choose Canada. They seem nice!

I'd never trust a country that has two languages and Elks!

Quote: zooo @ October 17 2012, 1:24 PM BST

If I had to live in another country, I might choose Canada. They seem nice!

Canada is like New Zealand with the words 'very damp' replaced with 'freezing', 'Australia' replaced with 'the USA' and 'Flight of the Conchords' replaced with 'Kids in the Hall' in my previous post.

Quote: Lee @ October 17 2012, 1:02 PM BST

Does that NHS badge he's wearing give him backstage pass? Errr

NHS = No Holes Spared Whistling nnocently

Quote: Jinky @ October 17 2012, 1:26 PM BST

Canada is like New Zealand with the words 'very damp' replaced with 'freezing', 'Australia' replaced with 'the USA' and 'Flight of the Conchords' replaced with 'Kids in the Hall' in my previous post.

I would LOVE to live somewhere freezing!
Plus it's near civilisation.

Having lived in New Zealand I can only say I loved it. I could put up with a bit of cold in Canada. It's hardly basking in sunshine here.

Quote: Jinky @ October 17 2012, 1:19 PM BST

You missed another.

- Despite being a demonstrably crappy country, the locals get very prickly when this is pointed out and the conversation usually ends with being told to 'leave, if you don't like it here'.

Hopefully not aimed at my reply. :O

Quote: zooo @ October 17 2012, 1:29 PM BST

Why don't you write to Jim'll Fix It..?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 17 2012, 1:42 PM BST

Hopefully not aimed at my reply. :O

No, just a general statement.

Of course, anyone running away to Canada to escape Jimmy Saville will only run into the hands of FERGIE OLVER!!!!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80967503/

Very grumpy today, hurrumping around. Still I really think this country is flawed in a major way, and I'm sick of our government pretending it's some kind of promised land. Rant, rant, rant....

*shakes head* I have to ignore the next 4 or 5 months.

I've lived in quite a few places, Israel, Australia, New Zealand, France etc. Never been to Canada, sounds like my kind of place though. New Zealand isn't for everyone, it's about twenty years behind the times, the place I lived in was quite remote, small population etc. But I loved it. I don't regret leaving because if I hadn't I'd never have met my wife, but I do think it's a great place to bring up your kids, and can't watch Lord of the Rings as it makes me homesick.

Quote: Pingl @ October 17 2012, 11:58 AM BST

A country where our MP's, our representatives, are corrupt, libidinous and unable to tell the difference between genuine claims and fatuous claims.

So MPs should be well educated, respectable people, not 'just like me' cretins from Anywheresville Comprehensive! I'm glad you agree with me. :)

Plus it's near civilisation.

You've not been to the US, have you? ;)

Quote: Aaron @ October 17 2012, 4:21 PM BST

So MPs should be well educated, respectable people, not 'just like me' cretins from Anywheresville Comprehensive! I'm glad you agree with me. :)

No just honest, decent and true