British Comedy Guide

Jimmy Savile Page 36

Top of the Cherry Pops. Now we know why bands never sang live, couldn't be trusted with an open mic.

What a country this is. We stand high and mighty over other nations calling them barbaric, criticising their way of life, telling them to be more like us. A country where we Knight a known sex offender who was allowed to operate for sixty years unchecked. The elite of this country must be rotton to the core. So you can be honoured in this country without any checks being done, no police checks, no secret service checks. A country where when we find the going gets tough our solution is to get tough on the sick, the elderly and the poor. A country where our press are accused of phone tapping, privacy invasion of the grossest kind and even tampering with the phone of a girl who had been murdered. A country where our MP's, our representatives, are corrupt, libidinous and unable to tell the difference between genuine claims and fatuous claims. A country where these men and women stand in judgement over others and complain they have to much and have it too easy while all the while feathering their nests. A country that hides behind a PC facade while abuse is rife in every walk of life. Oh yes we have such a lot to teach the rest of the world, how not to be.

You missed a couple.

- Pretend that the City of London isn't the centre of all financial fraud in the world and that what goes on there is actually 'business'.

- Lecture other countries for being racist, having defined racism as 'taking a banana to a football match and absolutely nothing else'.

Quote: Jinky @ October 17 2012, 12:05 PM BST

You missed a couple.

- Pretend that the City of London isn't the centre of all financial fraud in the world and that what goes on there is actually 'business'.

- Lecture other countries for being racist, having defined racism as 'taking a banana to a football match and absolutely nothing else'.

Yea sorry missed those. And the fact we have more compassion in our legal system for criminals than victims, we have no respect for the elderly etc etc etc. God I wish I could get out of this place for my kids sake!

Quote: Pingl @ October 17 2012, 12:14 PM BST

Yea sorry missed those. And the fact we have more compassion in our legal system for criminals than victims, we have no respect for the elderly etc etc etc. God I wish I could get out of this place for my kids sake!

You really think it's better in other parts of the world?

I used to live in New Zealand, I don't know about now, but back then it was wonderful. Seriously considering going back.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ October 17 2012, 11:18 AM BST

This what really makes me angry - this thread should be called 'Sir' Jimmy Savile and even the news people, who should know better are still calling him plain old Jimmy Savile. The lack of respect is shocking.

Does that NHS badge he's wearing give him backstage pass? Errr

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ October 17 2012, 12:26 PM BST

You really think it's better in other parts of the world?

Quite. Every country has its shit aspects.

Quote: Lee @ October 17 2012, 1:02 PM BST

Does that NHS badge he's wearing give him backstage pass? Errr

Wow, your attention to detail is amazing, I didn't even notice the NHS pass on the first glance, I was too busy looking at his Rose West Tinted Glasses.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 17 2012, 1:05 PM BST

Except for Christmas Island, where it's Christmas every day.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 17 2012, 1:05 PM BST

Yes indeed, but there is difference between shit aspects and swimming in shit

Quote: Pingl @ October 17 2012, 1:06 PM BST

You want to find a better run swimming pool.

Quote: Pingl @ October 17 2012, 1:06 PM BST

You missed another.

- Despite being a demonstrably crappy country, the locals get very prickly when this is pointed out and the conversation usually ends with being told to 'leave, if you don't like it here'.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 17 2012, 1:10 PM BST

You want to find a better run swimming pool.

This is true, our local baths has been converted into a Japanese foot spa for rich buggers with bunions, instead of exotic fish poor people nibble at their feet. It's not only a source of employment but also much needed nutition, thank God for the coalition.