British Comedy Guide

Jimmy Savile Page 35

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ October 14 2012, 1:03 AM BST

So.. if anything good can come from this whole Savile/BBC/male sex pest débâcle, it is that, in the future, women may feel more empowered to come forward and make a stand against this horrendous treatment to which they are habitually subjected. I, for one, really hope that this will be the case.

Habitually subjected? I'm all for sweeping generalisations but suggesting that all women are habitually subjected to horrendous treatment from all men all the time is a stinking lie.

It also raises the point of what 'horrendous treatment' constitutes - someone groping your boobies when you are trying to do your job is pretty clear cut as a big no-no. But what happens when an attractive young woman wears a short skirt to work and a male colleagues says 'Nice legs'? To some people, that is beyond the pale, to others it's a compliment.

The workplace is a sexually charged environment - apparently 40% of workers have dated a co-worker - and I've lost count of the number of boss / secretary affairs I've witnessed. (Often through night vision binoculars)

I don't think the Jimmy Savile enquiry will empower women to come forward, partly because we live in very scary economic times where jobs are extremely thin on the ground and partly because women can sometimes be complicit in their own treatment.

The Entertainment Industry and even the BBC itself is rife with women who've used their sexuality to get ahead. Whether it's Katie Price shagging a succession of footballers or a Researcher at the Beeb throwing herself at a Producer, it's all much of a muchness.

I'm not denying that there are cases of horrendous treatment, but I'm also not painting every woman as an innocent Victorian virgin either.

Oh dear.

One sick individual, now universally loathed by a nation for shafting the innocent. Seen here with Jimmy Saville:

Quote: Bob Hicks @ October 15 2012, 9:33 PM BST

One sick individual, now universally loathed by a nation for shafting the innocent. Seen here with Jimmy Saville:

I saw the jumper and the outdoor-setting and thought for one horrible moment that John Craven was mixed up in all of this! :O

BLAIR: You know Jim, you do so remind me of Thatcher.

DEAD NONCE: I do, Tone, thank you - lovely lady - why's that?

BLAIR: Well didn't you both f**k minors?

Quote: Brian Bickerstaffe @ October 15 2012, 10:06 PM BST

BLAIR: You know Jim, you do so remind me of Thatcher.

DEAD NONCE: I do, Tone, thank you - lovely lady - why's that?

BLAIR: Well didn't you both f**k minors?

1999 called, it wants its Gary Glitter joke back.

Quote: Ben @ October 15 2012, 10:14 PM BST

Recycling is in vogue......is it not?
I mean - where did you get that hat? :D

Quote: Ben @ October 15 2012, 10:14 PM BST

2001 called, it wants its "[insert year here] called, it wants its joke back" joke back.

Quote: David Bussell @ October 15 2012, 10:27 PM BST

2001 called, it wants its "(insert year here) called, it wants its joke back" joke back.

Like you were even conscious in 2001.

Bradley Wiggins on Sky News has just been talking about some event he was at:

Wiggins
"It's a bit like This is your Life but without Jimmy Saville"

Female interviewer (embarrassed)
"Let's not go there"

Wiggins (genuine)
"Oh he wasn't on ths is your life was he?"

Laughing out loud You couldn't write it.

Apparently I was mentioned on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire yesterday talking about Jimmy Savile (I'd said something about him on a presenter's Facebook wall).

Here's the scoop...

"I saw JS regularly when I worked at Thomas Cook. I remember going up to the Press Office at Thorpe Wood not long before one of the Charity 6 events and was aware that 'someone' had his feet up on the desk. It was only after I walked past one of those low desk partitions that I realised it was him. It's totally irrelevant in view of the allegations against him but I thought to put your feet up on someone's desk was bad manners - you can be sure no-one said, "Jimmy, would you mind not doing that""

To think I could've sold my story of 'ageing DJ puts feet on desk' to the red tops.

It's the best proof he's a pediarist so far.

Baboon-tush! :)

This nice photo was today in my hometown's newspaper ("Basler Zeitung")

Whats the most painful thing you can put on a kids bum?

Jimmy Savillon.