British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 881

But for all it's faults at least last series built to a mid-series finale. This one feels like a half-hearted attempt at a Who Greatest Hits compilation (Daleks, Angels, Dinosaurs, Token American Episode). Still, it's goodbye to the Ponds tomorrow.

Quote: chipolata @ September 28 2012, 10:31 PM BST

But for all it's faults at least last series built to a mid-series finale. This one feels like a half-hearted attempt at a Who Greatest Hits compilation (Daleks, Angels, Dinosaurs, Token American Episode). Still, it's goodbye to the Ponds tomorrow.

Yeah apart from the R Button. I do so hope Rory turns out to be The Master.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 28 2012, 12:58 PM BST

It's a mid-series finale, like they did last year.

Don't forget Moffat doesn't really have that much time to devote to Who. He's also got to crank out his Sherlock re-treads and all the other rubbish he's trying to pimp in the states. It would be invidious to assume that being the face of a flagship programme and the longest running TV show in history should be enough for a writer of his talents.

Quote: sootyj @ September 24 2012, 4:57 PM BST

Quantum Leap was aces and never succumbed to easy outs

More than ever, over time QL is looking like the greatest light entertainment format ever devised, in terms of effortless potential for drama, humour and polemic. It's such a neat idea it makes your eyes water.

I rewatched some Quantum Leap last year and was suitably impressed. Some of the plots are quite poignant and it hasn't dated terribly due to it's format. I imagine that a remake today would star David Boreanaz as Sam Beckett and RuPaul as Al.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ September 29 2012, 1:35 AM BST

Don't forget Moffat doesn't really have that much time to devote to Who. He's also got to crank out his Sherlock re-treads and all the other rubbish he's trying to pimp in the states. It would be invidious to assume that being the face of a flagship programme and the longest running TV show in history should be enough for a writer of his talents.

More than ever, over time QL is looking like the greatest light entertainment format ever devised, in terms of effortless potential for drama, humour and polemic. It's such a neat idea it makes your eyes water.

Combine it with 2 charismatic leads sharp scripting and excellent plots

Not to mention shamellessly thieving from movies

It was ace and had a massive cross over appeal

I liked it

QL was okay, but it wasted all the goodwill it had generated with that insufferably lazy deus ex machina finale.

What is it with TV sci-fi writers and "god did it" conclusions?

Tedious c**ts. Makes my blood boil.

That was one episode grumpy trousers

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=73107

Well I watched it. All the way through.

Quote: Ben @ September 29 2012, 6:06 PM BST

I rewatched some Quantum Leap last year and was suitably impressed. Some of the plots are quite poignant and it hasn't dated terribly due to it's format. I imagine that a remake today would star David Boreanaz as Sam Beckett and RuPaul as Al.

So long as you you're writing this in 1998, absolutely.

I will tomorrow!

I thought it was pretty good

Nobody slating tonight's Who yet? Is everybody still crying? Is that what it is? You're all crying, like a bunch of crying cry babies? Hmm? Pussies.

Well whats to cry about?

I mean nothing really bad happened. other than it turns out the Dr is a big mental.

Yeah, I actually laughed which is sad. Villains as ciphers with no real personality is ok'ish, but as just ciphers... nah. Lazy SM bringing in something back which was great originally but unlike a bolognaise sauce does not improve with every re-heating. And all the noir bollocks not followed through. And such a slow start, hey ho... at least he did his schoolboy sctick again and we had the hilarious double husband stuff. But it it is a fix point in time which mean they can never change things ever... unless of course they do. The bald f**ker from the Midlands had something to say about it prophetically... full of wind or something! ;)