British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 875

Come on Martha!

It was lucky for the production team that the nearest portal was underneath the hospital that Rory worked in, otherwise they'd have to pay for another location.

I know there lucky like that on Dr Who. By the way how does defribillating all the humans who died of a heart attack at least an hour after they died work again?

Perhaps the show has become so dull that I am no longer paying proper attention, but the glaring plot holes for once did not bother me, at least not until the ridiculously rushed ending failed to tie anything up properly. Unlike past weeks which have just been one continuous insult to my intelligence. That has to be progress, right?

It is a sign of just how slack this show has become that a third of the human race can be wiped out and it has zero emotional impact, because we know the Doctor is going to magically make them come alive again, apparently with no ill effects from ten minutes of brain death.

Does anyone recall the end of 'The Doctor Dances', and the Doctor's exuberant joy at reversing the effect of the nano robots in a handful of people? Whereas now raising a couple of billion people like Lazarus is all ina day's work and of secondary emotional importance to the latest non-event in the Pond soap.

Ok in defence of this pile of plop.

The doctors sonic dildo reversed all the cubes so they turned into defibrilators.

I'm off down the graveyard with an old car battery and some jump leads, my Aunty Joan owes me money!

Quote: Tursiops @ September 23 2012, 8:39 PM BST

Does anyone recall the end of 'The Doctor Dances', and the Doctor's exuberant joy at reversing the effect of the nano robots in a handful of people? Whereas now raising a couple of billion people like Lazarus is all ina day's work and of secondary emotional importance to the latest non-event in the Pond soap.

You read my brain I am suing you.

Quote: sootyj @ September 23 2012, 8:43 PM BST

The doctors sonic dildo reversed all the cubes so they turned into defibrilators.

I like the way the dead people were left on the street for a few hours. And that no one had a car crash, planes didn't fall out of the air and that none of the Ponds or the UNIT people had a heart attack.

I was amazed that a nurse who f**ks off from work at times with no explanation. Is still valued and not sacked for probably raiding the meds cabinet.

Nor how a part time nurse and a part time travel writer can afford a 5 bedroom house.

Quote: sootyj @ September 23 2012, 8:51 PM BST

Nor how a part time nurse and a part time travel writer can afford a 5 bedroom house.

The Doctor bought them the house.

Don't you know ANYTHING?

But it's the emotional literature is f**ked.

I mean Tursiops mentioning the Doctor Dances is a great example. Because it's a convincing story in terms of character, plot, menace, humour and ultimately hope.

Where as the current version just slops on the screen like a spilled chamber pot.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 23 2012, 8:52 PM BST

The Doctor bought them the house.

Don't you know ANYTHING?

Did he?

He didn't even give Jo Grant bus fare home when he dropped her off.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 23 2012, 8:48 PM BST

none of the Ponds or the UNIT people had a heart attack.

It pains me to be fair, but that was explained. In the UNIT HQ under the Tower of London (how did they get that past English Heritage) the cubes had been cleared out and only the Doc was locked in with one to see what would happen; while Rory and his dad were busy being abducted by aliens for no adequately explained reason.

slops on the screen like a spilled chamber pot.

Is that what the Tardis has changed into?

Quote: Tursiops @ September 23 2012, 8:55 PM BST

It pains me to be fair, but that was explained.

You're right. Can you now explain why an advanced civilisation that can create wormholes in space needs an entire year of research on how to kill humans?

EDIT: and still f**ks it up.

Or why if you're trying to get the humans to love you and take you into your homes.

Why turn all your cute cubes into shooty, stabby scary things so governments at least start to collect them.

And the Alan Sugar cameo was awful.