British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 870

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 17 2012, 11:13 AM BST

My 'Yes' may have been vaguely sarcastic. ;)

:P

It's amazing how far we've come with cyborg prosthetics and design.

Whistling nnocently

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 17 2012, 11:12 AM BST

That makes about as much sense as a black preacher with an all white congregation in an Old Western town.

The Who timeline is set in an alternative universe in which African slavery, racial segregation, eugenic theory and casual bigotry never happened. And Friar Tuck was black.

Quote: Tursiops @ September 17 2012, 11:27 AM BST

The Who timeline is set in an alternative universe in which African slavery, racial segregation, eugenic theory and casual bigotry never happened. And Friar Tuck was black.

I'm seeing a Who/Merlin crossover here.

That wouldn't work. One show concerns a fantasy world where a young magician solves problems with a wave of his magic wand. And the other is about King Arthur.

The funny thing is repeated almost all the mistakes that made Daleks a Manhattan such a stinker.

A setting built from B list cliches, with lots of English actors doing lousy American accents.

Quote: Tursiops @ September 17 2012, 11:50 AM BST

That wouldn't work. One show concerns a fantasy world where a young magician solves problems with a wave of his magic wand. And the other is about King Arthur.

Zing! :D

Quote: Lazzard @ September 17 2012, 11:42 AM BST

I'm seeing a Who/Merlin crossover here.

Yeah bring back Blake Seven or was that Robinhood?

APS

Quote: Lazzard @ September 17 2012, 11:14 AM BST

Or a talking horse with gender issues.

I didn't actually look closely enough to see if it was a stallion or a mare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJeBQ2DYnGc

Stott is not quite how I imagined him...

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 18 2012, 8:11 AM BST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJeBQ2DYnGc

That is remarkable!

I wonder if that young reviewer actually remembered all that about the Dr Who episode in one single go or whether the interview took a lot of shots with coaching in between?

How old do you reckon she is?

Quote: Tursiops @ September 18 2012, 8:28 AM BST

Stott is not quite how I imagined him...

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

It's only when you hear a little girl describe the episode that you realise what a stinking pile of wanky arsed bullf**k it really was.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 18 2012, 3:01 PM BST

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

It's only when you hear a little girl describe the episode that you realise what a stinking pile of wanky arsed bullf**k it really was.

And it's when you watch a little boy walk out halfway through to kick a ball about the garden that you know it's hit rock bottom.

This coming Saturday's episode looks like a throwback to the RTD era Invasion Of the Week stuff.

Debating whether to watch Saturday's or not. It looked like it could be one of the worst episodes yet, so probably will.

Notice Stott hasn't had much to say about this season.