British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 866

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 12 2012, 1:09 PM BST

Careful with those NSFW pictures sooty - or at least put a warning. ;)

Decided to break out of my Tom Baker fetish the other day and watched the last Peter Davidson episodes calld 'The Caves of Androzani' and bloody good it was too. The villains and story were brilliant, though the acting of Peri the companion was absolutely terrible. Peter Davidson really excelled with his performance though.

Isn't there a nice shot of Peri in a bikini at the start of that one though? It's a very good story and, yet again, written by the masterful Robert Holmes.

There's a bit of classic Who on Virgin & on Netflix, so I'm having a browse.
Tomb of the Cybermen, The Time Meddler, Vengeance on Varos, and the Caves of Androzani (no Bikini so far)

Quote: Ben @ September 12 2012, 7:17 PM BST

Isn't there a nice shot of Peri in a bikini at the start of that one though? It's a very good story and, yet again, written by the masterful Robert Holmes.

Sorry Ben, it was episode 1 of Planet of Fire that featured Peri in a bikini - and she did have a magnificent body.

Planet of Fire was alright, nothing special, though I have been going around today saying: 'Wretched citizens of Sarn'.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 13 2012, 1:53 AM BST

There's a bit of classic Who on Virgin & on Netflix, so I'm having a browse.
Tomb of the Cybermen, The Time Meddler, Vengeance on Varos, and the Caves of Androzani (no Bikini so far)

Vengeance on Varos is probably tied as the best Colin Baker story with Revelation of the Daleks. I liked Colin Baker. He was miscast but he did all he was asked of and they really shafted him.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 13 2012, 2:20 PM BST

Planet of Fire was alright, nothing special, though I have been going around today saying: 'Wretched citizens of Sarn'.

The Master reveal is good and fans of shit sixties TV will enjoy seeing Peter Wyngarde serving it up minus flares and a typewriter.

Quote: Ben @ September 12 2012, 7:17 PM BST

Robert Colin Holmes

John Friedlander

Somebody get Moffat a pipe!

A bit late, but we made a 4 minute (vaugely) amusing vid to celebrate the start of Series 7. Hope you enjoy :)

http://youtu.be/ax8Vn5X74XE

Oh God this is so boring.

And incredibly ugly horrible dated FX.

Now they're grubbing through STNGs dustbin.

How come they object to him killing someone now yet they were perfectly happy with him leaving the villain guy to the misses last week?

And it's like last week he's willing to kill after pretty extreme provocations.

And now he's like f**king Ian Brady with a time machine.

And this is just a stinking joyless rip off of countless STNG holo deck adventures.

The shit ones.

Meh, I actually think this one is slightly better. And anyway, isn't there a moral argument to make that killing thousands and yet end a war in less than a week is inherently better than carrying on the war and letting millions die?

Yo, after last weeks dog terd.. And just as I was thinking the series had jumped the shark..

The best episode yet

Music great. Thought I';d hate eh wild west theme. Brilliant. Jokes..funny..

Then the difficult piont is the Doctor going to become American not interrested in Justice? and we get a series curve, the Doctor is redeemed

Had me on teh eedge of my seat. Brilliantly acted. Doctor fantastic and back on track

Loved it

AP Scene

I'm assuming you've never seen a Western before?

Might I reccomend the John Wayne ones they're rather good.

Agreed. Much better than last time. No stupid robots, no laughable pantomime villain and no God awful cringe humour. Although I'm not exactly qualified to properly critique it considering my digi box was acting up so I missed the first half.

Quote: sootyj @ September 15 2012, 8:28 PM BST

I'm assuming you've never seen a Western before?

Might I reccomend the John Wayne ones they're rather good.

Dooh! Spegetti Western.. I forgot the music was also much better than last week..

Photography better even the corney focus pull on the clock tower

All in all a great episode

The gags were in another class from last week

APS

A gay talking horse, that's something you don't get in the works of Arthur c. Clarke.

This series is so lame and I hate Amy and Rory so very very much. Can we please have our Doctor Who back?