British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 865

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 11 2012, 1:24 PM BST

Are you...are you going to cry..? I'm sorry Rc. *Cyber holds him*

And no ta; Stargate is bog standard TV sci-fi. Nothing wrong with it, it can kill an hour, but it's nothing more.

A personal attack plus no answer to my question. You am rubbish for twats.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 11 2012, 1:38 PM BST

A personal attack

Erm. Eh?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 11 2012, 1:38 PM BST

no answer to my question.

I did answer. I'm not going to go any more in depth about why I don't love Stargate. It's an okay show.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 11 2012, 1:41 PM BST

Erm. Eh?

You were implying that I was a big cry baby...and worse you tried to cyber molest me with your 'hug'.

If only your critical appraisal of sci-fi shows skills were as good as your argument deflecting tactics, then we could have a proper debate.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 11 2012, 1:42 PM BST

I did answer. I'm not going to go any more in depth about why I don't love Stargate. It's an okay show.

Then why did you laugh when I said I preferred it to Doctor Who? I demand an explaination for your mockery.

Quote: sootyj @ September 11 2012, 10:06 AM BST

CUSTOMER
Good morning is this Sodot's c**ting Dr Who design shop?

SODOT
F**k off you midget rapist shit sack. I mean yes. I mean f**king yes.

CUSTOMER
Lovely I'd like a Silurian costume.

SODOT
F**king champion you shit stained wank spot. Here it as ala 1974 with a f**king eye hole in it's piss flapping neck.

CUSTOMER
Oh I wanted a nice flexible one from the recent show that fitted around the actors face and was flexible. Better still could I have a Gorn mask.... eek get off of me!

SODOT
Get here you disrespectful prick stick, I'll show you heavy father f**ker! I'm going to shove this classic c**ting Silurian costume right up your bastard shit pipe!

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Fairly representative of a slow day - especially the Boyleism. I'd give you the job of writing my biography Sooty but I already gave it to you about three years ago.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 11 2012, 12:54 PM BST

Yeah, your Mum hates it when I get her name wrong as well. ;)

Not surprising you mispronounce it with her balls in your mouth etc..

Quote: Ben @ September 11 2012, 7:12 AM BST

Carnival of Monsters is an excellent yarn. I've only watched it once for some reason, so must dig it out again. In the Target novelisation there's a Zygon which nicely ties Godot's points together.

If you haven't seen it Ben I recommend 'Nightmare of Eden' (recent release). Like all Graham Williams produced stories the production and creature design values are almost unbelievably shoddy but the story is excellent.

There's also a caveat in the acting of Lewis Fiander as Tryst who makes Prentis Hancock look like Michael Gambon - in fact it's probably the worst single acting performance in Doctor Who. Despite this there is a strange beauty and poetry to this story - and in some ways it is also reminiscent of Carnival of Monsters.

I think they might have Nightmare of Eden at my local library to rent, so I may look into it. I have The Daemons to watch first which I haven't seen in about 15 years.

Old Who fans - are there any others you could recommend? I feel like getting hold of some, I haven't seen any since I was young and I don't want to end up watching anything like that one with Martin Clunes in drag. Avoid doctors 6 and 7 I guess is a good start.

I'd say Tom Baker, Seeds Of Doom, Pyramids Of Mars, Talons Of Weign Chung.

As an 80s pop fan I always preferred the talons of Wan Chung.

Whilst looking for a picture of a Dalek in bed to annoy somebody on Facebook I found this slightly rude image.

Apparently not safe for work and not actually a lady

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fransexual/2422339427/

it has confused me.

She's got good knockers for an older bird.

Oh wait... it's not quite a she... Errr

Quote: Ben @ September 12 2012, 10:41 AM BST

She's got good knockers for an older bird.

Oh wait... it's not quite a she... Errr

That could be the title for a new who episode

Careful with those NSFW pictures sooty - or at least put a warning. ;)

Decided to break out of my Tom Baker fetish the other day and watched the last Peter Davidson episodes calld 'The Caves of Androzani' and bloody good it was too. The villains and story were brilliant, though the acting of Peri the companion was absolutely terrible. Peter Davidson really excelled with his performance though.

More news about the new companion.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/new-doctor-who-companion-is-middle-aged-bricklayer-201203225044

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 12 2012, 1:53 PM BST

More news about the new companion.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/new-doctor-who-companion-is-middle-aged-bricklayer-201203225044

Good grief!

Thanks for the recommendations, will check them out :)

Geoff, played by the actor Billy Wright who shouts the word 'Wonga!' in the Envirophone ads, will be introduced in the episode 'Doctor Who & The Pub Brawl' which sees the Tardis land in the middle of the Flag & Tattoo during a regional darts quarter final.

:D Shame it's on a spoof news site, that would be the best DW plot in ages.