British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 863

Quote: Godot Taxis @ September 10 2012, 6:30 PM BST

The problem with most of you lot is (with the exception of kenneth) you don't actually know much about 'classic' who. You might have seen a dozen DVDs but that's it.

I've seen one or two more than that.

The Zygon design is 38 years old and would still look good in the show.

er yeh right

And you're argument that; I know more because I read more books that would bore a mortal into a coma.

Is the same argument every religious fundamentalist has ever used.

It's what Mitt Romney would say if he liked the Twilight books.

Any way I just found out Walker Texas Ranger has AIDS, can he wheel kick the Grim Reaper?

Iplayer says that the robots were voiced by "Noel Byrne" and "Richard Garaghty"

Surely this is a mistake?

I'd love to see the Zygons come back. Unfortunately, they'd probably be wearing shades these days...

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 10 2012, 11:29 AM BST

But I guess it's down to a matter of taste - you can sit there terrified as the Doctor and Teela are trapped in a Victorian lighthouse watching everyone around them die

I've never seen that episode. I've only seen the episode where the Doctor and Leela are trapped in a Victorian lighthouse watching everyone around them die.

We should let Zygons be Zygons.

Quote: Ben @ September 10 2012, 8:53 PM BST

I've never seen that episode. I've only seen the episode where the Doctor and Leela are trapped in a Victorian lighthouse watching everyone around them die.

Leela, Teela, whatever, the stupid bint wasn't even in her leather bikini for that one, so I couldn't even have a quick choke of my Ood when watching it.

Quote: sootyj @ September 10 2012, 8:59 PM BST

Booyah!

The problem with most of you lot is (with the exception of kenneth) you don't actually know much about 'classic' who. You might have seen a dozen DVDs but that's it.

All bow down to the BCG Classic Who expert. Now there's a boast that's made me wet.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 10 2012, 9:25 PM BST

Leela, Teela, whatever, the stupid bint wasn't even in her leather bikini for that one, so I couldn't even have a quick choke of my Ood when watching it.

Booyah!

All bow down to the BCG Classic Who expert. Now there's a boast that's made me wet.

Made you wet? It makes girls so wet Yemen just flooded

Quote: sootyj @ September 10 2012, 8:59 PM BST

De ja vooyah

:D

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship is more-or-less a rehash of a classic who story and none of you has even noticed.

I thought you said you didn't watch it?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 10 2012, 9:29 PM BST

De ja vooyah

:D

That joke granted is older than a grumpy Oz feminist

But like a grumpy Oz feminist its Germaine.

Quote: sootyj @ September 10 2012, 7:40 PM BST

er yeh right

And you're argument that; I know more because I read more books that would bore a mortal into a coma.

Well I said that prop and production design was something I knew about. I know this is the internet where eleven year olds tell professors to f**k off but I do have a design background and my own design business.

'Yeh right' answers don't tell anyone why the design is not good. Whether you think it or not John Friedlander is highly respected and his work for Doctor Who was exceptional.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 10 2012, 9:25 PM BST

You were wet already. And you sort of made my point by calling Leela Teela.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 10 2012, 6:53 PM BST

I've seen one or two more than that.

I meant it in the sense of 'All Irishmen are drunks' - which means MOST Irishmen are drunks rather than 100% of Irishmen are drunks. Please feel free to exclude yourself.

The point is that I was arguing with Sooty that so called 'classic' Who was worse than Star Trek or Quatermass or whatever and no-one noticed that Dinosaurs on a Spaceship is essentially 'Carnival of Monsters' one of the very best known 'classic' stories.

SPOILERS

In Carnival the Doctor and Jo land on a ship in the Indian ocean, meet a 1920s couple and are then anachronistically attacked by a Plesiosaurus. One of the characters on the ship alludes to a hunting past and even says 'what a beast, wouldn't mind having a head like that on the club house wall'.

The Doctor and Jo find a metal panel on the wooden part of the ship that also breaks the illusion of where they are, much like the one that Rory and his Dad discover under the beach. Subsequently they discover they are in a machine called the miniscope and are chased through it by Drashigs - dinosaur like creatures.

Of course there are other, original plot elements in Dinosaurs but essentially it would seem to have been suggested (presumably unconsciously) by watching this story. ironically it held together quite well and would have made a much better opener than the Dalek debacle, last week.

Carnival of Monsters is an excellent yarn. I've only watched it once for some reason, so must dig it out again. In the Target novelisation there's a Zygon which nicely ties Godot's points together.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ September 11 2012, 1:18 AM BST

Well I said that prop and production design was something I knew about. I know this is the internet where eleven year olds tell professors to f**k off but I do have a design background and my own design business.

CUSTOMER
Good morning is this Sodot's c**ting Dr Who design shop?

SODOT
F**k off you midget rapist shit sack. I mean yes. I mean f**king yes.

CUSTOMER
Lovely I'd like a Silurian costume.

SODOT
F**king champion you shit stained wank spot. Here it as ala 1974 with a f**king eye hole in it's piss flapping neck.

CUSTOMER
Oh I wanted a nice flexible one from the recent show that fitted around the actors face and was flexible. Better still could I have a Gorn mask.... eek get off of me!

SODOT
Get here you disrespectful prick stick, I'll show you heavy father f**ker! I'm going to shove this classic c**ting Silurian costume right up your bastard shit pipe!