British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 860

Quote: Tursiops @ September 9 2012, 12:18 PM BST

Villains not being able to shoot straight when heroes are escaping is accepted (though even the dreary Star Wars recognised that this stretched credibility.) What made this a particular stretch was that the escape took forever and the robots were shooting from such close range. The whole episode was more farce than adventure, resulting in a complete lack of tension and drama, even when the Doctor is apparently so outraged angry that he does not hesitate to commit cold-blooded murder.

Of course the really murderous person was the military lady who launched the missiles anyway to blow up a spaceship, and the Doctor & anyone else there, merely because the thing was too close to Earth. It was not known to be crashing and incidentally if it was going to crash into Earth, what's the point of launching missiles which, even if they were 10 times as big as current H-bombs, would merely break up a ship "as big as Canada" into pretty big bits which would do almighty damage to Earth in any case.

Quote: Kenneth @ September 9 2012, 1:42 PM BST

"Drops in on" Sarah Jane Smith? Nay. She was a journalist who had infiltrated UNIT and then she stumbled upon the Doctor and hid in the TARDIS. As for UNIT, the Doctor has long been helping that organisation deal with alien invasions. He doesn't simply "drop in on" the Brigadier and take him off in the TARDIS - with a few exceptions.

And spent the next miserable months lecturing Silurians on femnisim for morons, before screaming like a girl and hugging Tom Baker's leg.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 9 2012, 1:48 PM BST

I humbly suggest that the Space Indians might not be the best people to put in charge of orbital defence.

When the Doctor was communicating with the ISA, they didn't put him on hold once or lose his call in the queue. Not very realistic.

and they delivered the missiles hot in under an hour.

Very unrealistic.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 9 2012, 1:50 PM BST

So they could look like velociraptors like in Jurassic Park and Godzilla and they could make the ceiling of the space ship a little smaller. Honestly though, I have no idea, they didn't make the Pterydactals into baby versions.

I'm still trying to figure out what the dinosaurs had been eating for the whole time, especially the triceritops.

The ship was BIG ! We only saw little bits of it & a few dinosaurs that had probably got out of their proper environment chamber. The existence of the beach environment implied such other chambers, such as Jungle, existed.

{standard Generation-ship Science Fiction stuff}

~~~~

The animals didn't have much to eat on Noah's original ark either, but the humans had a few spare animals to eat. {little known factoid: several of the edible animals had seven on board, not two}.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 9 2012, 1:52 PM BST

Why? Would it have added anything to the episode?
Eh?

No, quite the opposite. By pointing out something that made even the smallest bit of sense, they'd have to go back and redress everything.

I'm willing to suspend disbelief and gloss over glaring plot holes in most things on television, but New Who is really starting to test my patience.

I'd rather the Doctor had landed on the ship and found piles of dino bones, two murderously evil robots and a twisted villain who sent an entire species to their doom.

Why were the dinosaurs being hatched in the ship's corridors again? I mean aside from the Hunter standing on an eggshell in a moment of faux tension?

Quote: billwill @ September 9 2012, 2:01 PM BST

The animals didn't have much to eat on Noah's original ark either, but the humans had a few spare animals to eat. {little known factoid: several of the edible animals had seven on board, not two}.

Plus it was mentioned that the Silurians were asleep, in stasis of some kind, which suggests that the dinosaurs would have been likewise; until the pirate showed up.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 9 2012, 2:04 PM BST

No, quite the opposite. By pointing out something that made even the smallest bit of sense, they'd have to go back and redress everything.

See above.

Why were the dinosaurs being hatched in the ship's corridors again? I mean aside from the Hunter standing on an eggshell in a moment of faux tension?

because they now had the run of the ship and were doing as they pleased, and going where they pleased.

I'd rather the Doctor had landed on the ship and found piles of dino bones, two murderously evil robots and a twisted villain who sent an entire species to their doom.

Possibly me too, but this wasn't that episode, this was the light after the dark.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 9 2012, 2:06 PM BST

because they now had the run of the ship and were doing as they pleased, and going where they pleased.

It just seems weird that the baby versions of the dinosaurs were breeding and laying eggs.

I'm willing to suspend disbelief and gloss over glaring plot holes in most things on television, but New Who is really starting to test my patience.

Yes I think this is what I'm also getting at.. It doesn't take much thought to see this episode could have been made to work in a more interesting way..

THeir getting lazy. And given the budget that is throne at this series, great though I agree at has been since its come back, they should be doing better than this.

AP Scene

OK the narative debate has come to an end..

But here at the Anarcho Punk collective the jack boot of answer has continued to make contact with the grion.

So the last scene where the Doctor Blows the mass murderer and violator of genocide into extiction?

Is this a lesson we should be teaching our kids?

Lets face that's the target audience

Or should we infact be saying.. Mase murders, people who create genocide should be bought to trial and sent to sentance by a leagally fair and able court?

Was the message to younge people correct?

Or the work of evil American bastards trying to corrupt the sain and rational children of Great Britain?

Tom Baker would not have stood for this evil political corruption of Doctor Who

Has Politics and TV finally come together? and will you stand and be counted against cosmic evil?

I think you will all know what I'm saying.. Did Sadams, Al binladin and Kadaffi's deaths make sense and were the Americans justified in execution withpout trial?

That was the politicalk sub text of this program

AP Scene

Smoking the Guardian can seriously damage your health.

Quote: Punk Anarcho @ September 9 2012, 9:06 PM BST

OK the narative debate has come to an end..

But here at the Anarcho Punk collective the jack boot of answer has continued to make contact with the grion.

So the last scene where the Doctor Blows the mass murderer and violator of genocide into extiction?

Lets face that's the target audience

Or should we infact be saying.. Mase murders, people who create genocide should be bought to trial and sent to sentance by a leagally fair and able court?

Was the message to younge people correct?

Or the work of evil American bastards trying to corrupt the sain and rational children of Great Britain?

Tom Baker would not have stood for this evil political corruption of Doctor Who

Has Politics and TV finally come together? and will you stand and be counted against cosmic evil?

I think you will all know what I'm saying.. Did Sadams, Binladin and Kadaffi's deaths make sense and were the Americans justified in execution without trial?

That was the political sub text of this program.

Are we telling kids the rule of law does not matter? This is OK for the Kids of USA

But I don't want my kids growing up with this distastefull and fundermentally wrong message

All criminals should be tride and go to court and be sentanced. That is the doctor Who I grew up with..

AP Scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzmnPs64K74

Game. Set. And. Match.

Quote: Punk Anarcho @ September 9 2012, 9:06 PM BST

I don't see why not, but only if it's slotted in between Games and Double Latin. Personally, I wouldn't even send kids to school, let them learn about life through the medium of homosexualist time travelling TV shows. Ha! Take that Michael Gove.

Quote: sootyj @ September 9 2012, 9:33 PM BST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzmnPs64K74

Game. Set. And. Match.

Thankfully that kind of nonsense has come to an end and the Doctor now commits genocide on the Daleks, Cybermen, etc. without using horrid guns.

The Dr is not a wooftah!

He has no tickle tackle.

Time lords are woven on the Genetic Looms at Gallifrey for flips sake!