British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 853

Is it too much to expect.

But erm is this episode.

Um quite good.

Don't want to jinx it.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 8 2012, 7:28 PM BST

Agree; and I suppose, even for no money, the BBC could be trusted to pull off this sort of period look well.

Ghost Light is a brilliant story, and dark, lots of good lines (The cream of Scotland Yard) Frankly makes a mockery of those who think Who was terrible when it was cancelled.

The whole series was building up to something beautifully dark and fantastic but those f**kers high up top at the BBC had to cancel it.

"Yeah let's get Mitchell and Webb to be the voices of two comedy robots! This will not be cheesy, awful and stupid in the slightest!"

That was probably the best of scifi I've watched in quite some time.

Really? That was one of the worst. I don't know if it was the clunky dialogue, the god-awful humour, the forced change from childish to dark or the ridiculous pantomime villain that made it bad. Probably all of them.

The dialogue was poor, what's with all the double meanings? didn't seem to fit in at all.
Best bits were the dinosaurs and the cartoony robots, but the show is not the quality it used to be.

Oh Dear.. You can imagine being at that production meeting..

We want dinosaurs, Stargate and humour only an American could love..

Has Dr Who now jumped the shark?

AP Scene

I don't know anything anymore.

I liked it.

I prefer arc stuff, but this ep was good fun.

Hooray nice characters well played. Mitchell and Webb keeping up the Hitchhikers vibe, Silurians light touch, a story that made sense and went places a genuine sense of peril. And Rorys dad.

Just aces and way better than fupping care in the community Daleks.

That was comfortably a new low.

Quote: Punk Anarcho @ September 8 2012, 8:30 PM BST

Has Dr Who now jumped the shark?

It jumped the shark quite a while back. It's now desperately still trying to surf on the remaining waves.

Quote: Tursiops @ September 8 2012, 8:37 PM BST

That was comfortably a new low.

I'm now confused.

Wasn't the one bum note the Dr murdering someone?

I liked it, and the funny robots.

Quote: sootyj @ September 8 2012, 8:35 PM BST

Hooray nice characters well played. Mitchell and Webb keeping up the Hitchhikers vibe, Silurians light touch, a story that made sense and went places a genuine sense of peril. And Rorys dad.

I was going to say the same about M & W like the HHGTTG.

And next week's reminds me of West World.

What happened to the originality of the storylines?

Even the kids found this one boring.
I don't think there was one bit of clever thinking in it.
At least "Asylum " had the nippers scuttling behind the sofa.