British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 843

And they made that joke twice.

I enjoyed it, but then a massive boner for Oswin enabled me to suspend my critical faculties.

Was looking forward to this and in truth it didn't disappoint...that much..the thing with Doctor Who is there's always that feeling of wondering what's going to happen next which keeps me interested. Having said that I guessed the Oswin character was inside a Dalek fairly quick, her eyes seems a bit possessed Huh?, and somehow I don't think the story hung together that well, was a bit all over the place really.
Is it me or are the 'young' characters just not strong enough to carry off an episode on their own? Next week looks a lot more promising with Mark Williams and dinosaurs to look forward to.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/09/01/doctor-who-7-01-asylum-of-the-daleks-review/

so fx gave it 5 stars they usually know what they're talking about

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 1 2012, 8:25 PM BST

Ha-ha! Twitter seemingly alive with people enjoying Who; here, the usual misery. Good old BCG! Would't have it any other way. :) It's tradition!

What as a writer did you love about it best Matthew, lets leave the fan/haters stuff to other sites? And have a proper debate for a change.

Like most episodes of Who, the more you think about it the less it makes sense at any level. (My Oswin boner has, shall we say, subsided.) Given that each episode has spent months in production, was there never a point when someone said, "hang on a moment, I think this may be bollocks..."

Quote: Tursiops @ September 1 2012, 10:09 PM BST

was there never a point when someone said, "hang on a moment, I think this may be bollocks..."

I'm looking forward to Merlin soon!

Quote: Marc P @ September 1 2012, 9:56 PM BST

What as a writer did you love about it best Matthew, lets leave the fan/haters stuff to other sites? And have a proper debate for a change.

Don't drag me back in Marc, don't you dare drag me in. Teary

On the bright side this will almost certainly be Moffats last Who series. Maybe the next guy will be able to tell a story properly.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 1 2012, 10:56 PM BST

Don't drag me back in Marc, don't you dare drag me in. Teary

LOL. I am going to watch again. I am trying to nail why I felt a tad disappointed, again, and I think it is the character of the Doctor himself now. I am not sure what kind of HERO he is supposed to be. Everything has to happen around that. WIll ponder and be back.

Still none the wiser as to why crazy Daleks are extra crazy. I was expecting them to be the do-gooding Daleks

It seems to have received near unanimous praise from the critics. I genuinely found it dragging and unexciting. I can't believe it's written by the same mind behind Sherlock. Still, there's usually one episode of Who I like per series, so I've got that to look forward to.

The "Doctor Who" thing really made me cringe. It was the sheer repetition that did it for me. The phrase was uttered in the classic series a couple of times, but nothing like this.

Quote: youngian @ September 2 2012, 8:55 AM BST

Still none the wiser as to why crazy Daleks are extra crazy. I was expecting them to be the do-gooding Daleks

I think they were battle scarred, so some type of Dalek post-traumatic stress. Which was a concept I rather liked.

Quote: youngian @ September 2 2012, 8:55 AM BST

I must admit the idea of discovery they were actually all gay could have been rather amusing..

Condemned into excile for enjoying interior decoration..

But I must admit I enjoyed and thought this one of the better episodes beautifully shot and designed lol

AP Scene

Quote: Ben @ September 2 2012, 9:10 AM BST

I genuinely found it dragging

Ha, really? If anything they could learn to slow things down a touch at times.

Stott's broken and got involved! There's always a way!