British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 838

Is that Flinstones font?

http://scifibulletin.com/doctor-who/interviews/interview-steven-moffat-doctor-who-series-7/

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 25 2012, 6:37 PM BST

http://scifibulletin.com/doctor-who/interviews/interview-steven-moffat-doctor-who-series-7/

'Will we see more diversity in the writers on Doctor Who, such as with Neil Gaiman last year, moving outside the usual stable of writers?

We do go outside the circle, but to be perfectly candid it is a difficult balance, it really is. If Doctor Who is the very first television you’ve written—whoever you are—you are going to screw up royally. It is the hardest television show I’ve ever written, and Russell said the same thing, and we’d written hundreds of things before. It’s immensely hard. For the sake of my own sanity, there is a tendency to favour highly experienced television writers. We do go beyond the core writers, but I’m not going to reveal my plans. That’s strictly for maniacs in James Bond films… We do go outside the circle from time to time, because that brings fresh ideas, but it is a tough old job. No brand new TV writer should be tackling this…'

I'm confused by this statement, does that mean Neil Gaiman, who wrote one of the only decent episodes of recent years will be coming back or not? Or are we in for more space hotel prisons with optimism eating minotaurs and David Walliams?

It will feel like the last series - I guarantee it.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 28 2012, 3:15 PM BST

It will feel like the last series - I guarantee it.

Hey great, there were some decent episodes last series.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 28 2012, 3:09 PM BST

I'm confused by this statement, does that mean Neil Gaiman, who wrote one of the only decent episodes of recent years will be coming back or not?

He doesn't say, so I don't know. Though I've heard he's apparently been asked, for this or next series, depending on how busy he is.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 28 2012, 3:45 PM BST

Hey great, there were some decent episodes last series.

No there weren't. Etc..

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 28 2012, 4:25 PM BST

No there weren't.

Shocked to read this! :O

Ah, nearly time to start avoiding the 'sucking all the joy out of it' Dr Who thread for another series... ;)

Quote: zooo @ August 28 2012, 4:50 PM BST

Ah, nearly time to start avoiding the 'sucking all the joy out of it' Dr Who thread for another series... ;)

Maybe a second thread to post in for those that hate 96% or more of the current show but will still watch and WILL complain every time they post about it..? :D

And a third thread for the apologists?

One for people who liked it that week, and one for people who didn't would be lovely! But would never work. :)

Quote: Nogget @ August 28 2012, 5:19 PM BST

And a third thread for the apologists?

If you like..? Not that such a thing exists.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00wqr12/features/pond-life

Quote: zooo @ August 28 2012, 4:50 PM BST

If the joy gets sucked out of the show by a few people criticising it then it's not much of a show to start with. Get a grip, zooo!

More movie poster style promo pics released: