British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 995

Quote: sootyj @ August 24 2012, 4:52 PM BST

Sand poon

It's nice when you're in.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 24 2012, 4:41 PM BST

motive is unclear.

Was the motive that he's a massive mentalist?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 24 2012, 4:59 PM BST

Was the motive that he's a massive mentalist?

Yep, that's why it was manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility. Honestly Matthew, it's like you've never been to court for killing someone. What a sheltered life you must lead.

Rolling eyes

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 24 2012, 5:01 PM BST

Yep, that's why it was manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

I think I can buy that for one person, spur of the moment, but when you're getting into a second, and third, and fourth; nah.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 24 2012, 5:05 PM BST

I think I can buy that for one person, spur of the moment, but when you're getting into a second, and third, nah.

If you are going on a mental killing spree, what's one extra victim? You know what you're problem is Stott, you think too much.

'Is this murder or is it manslaughter, better count up the bodies first.' Everyone's an accountant these days.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 24 2012, 5:09 PM BST

You know what you're problem is Stott, you think too much.

I think you have the opposite problem-

OH, SNAP-!

ZING-!

CALL A DOCTOR 'COS YOU JUST GOT BURNED-!

And so on, and so forth.

Is he showing remorse or anything? If you'd just violently killed your entire family surely you'd want to repent and be punished, not be moaning and whinging trying to get a lesser sentence.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 24 2012, 5:10 PM BST

I think you have the opposite problem-

True, I don't think much about your posts.

Bazinga, etc.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 24 2012, 5:16 PM BST

True, I don't think much about your posts.

Bazinga, etc.

Nah, doesn't work as well, sorry. :(

Quote: zooo @ August 24 2012, 5:13 PM BST

Is he showing remorse or anything? If you'd just violently killed your entire family surely you'd want to repent and be punished, not be moaning and whinging trying to get a lesser sentence.

If you iz proper psycho and shit, you don't show remorse because that bit of your brain is missing.

Alcohol and drugs might have been part of the mix, but because the story is mainly about how this tragedy effects the nice people who live on Jersey instead of the actual case, I can only second guess due to the lack of facts.

Quote: chipolata @ August 24 2012, 4:27 PM BST

Where is DaButt? Is he devoting all his spare time to try and get Mitt Romney elected? I really miss him telling us that guns make America safer place every time a loon goes on a killing spree over there.

From the article, he was not on a shooting spree as such, more of a hate/revenge killing of one person. The wild shooting only started when the police cornered him and possibly many of the wounds to passers-by were from police bullets.

~~~~~~~~~~

I wonder if a PM to DaButt will send him a notification eMail like wot it does for me.

I'd think it might. Also think he was pissed off with us.

Quote: billwill @ August 24 2012, 7:00 PM BST

From the article, he was not on a shooting spree as such, more of a hate/revenge killing of one person. The wild shooting only started when the police cornered him and possibly many of the wounds to passers-by were from police bullets.

Just watched the news report on the shooting on BBC 10 O'Clock News - they described it as a mass shooting, linked it with Aurora, Colorado, didn't mention anything about the police shooting bystanders and finished on a political message about banning guns - nice going BBC, you bunch of incompetent lefty twunts.

BTW, the shooter was carrying a Colt 1911 style pistol - quite an old design of firearm that can only hold 8 rounds. Even if stringent firearm laws were brought into the US, this pistol wouldn't be banned and it's magazine capacity would remain unchanged.

So all in all, a massive load of liberal media fail.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 24 2012, 10:25 PM BST

BTW, the shooter was carrying a Colt 1911 style pistol - quite an old design of firearm that can only hold 8 rounds. Even if stringent firearm laws were brought into the US, this pistol wouldn't be banned and it's magazine capacity would remain unchanged.

If you banned all guns, why would this gun not be banned?

Quote: keewik @ August 24 2012, 7:23 PM BST

Also think he was pissed off with us.

Think he was more pissed off that he was accused of being a misogynist, a racist and a homophobe and despite complaining to the Mods, the comments remained.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 24 2012, 10:27 PM BST

If you banned all guns, why would this gun not be banned?

You can't ban all guns in America, it's against the Constitution. Come on Matthew, I thought you were edumacated.