British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 980

*sings louder "zooo has lost it and doesn't even realise Hindley died 10 years ago"* <--- it's a great song

Damn. Hoist by my own petard.

Or something.

Just had to look that up. :D

Originally used in HenryV literally means to be exploded by your own flatulence.

Next time I'll ask you then. ;)

It's 'with', not 'by', apparently.

I DON'T CARE!
I use it my own way for I am special.

Of course you are.
:P

Hazell: charged with MURRRRRRDER.
Granny: released on bail.

:-/

Quote: zooo @ August 11 2012, 11:38 PM BST

*sings*
You all fancy Myra...

Which of course was a song by Blouse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVibsNPXBx0

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/9473337/Posh-baiting-may-drive-Benedict-Cumberbatch-to-the-US.html

Poor Bennedict.

If that's what he thinks I'll throw him into the sea at Land's End myself. .

Sorry for the long reply all, but missed out on the news for the last week so catching up with the must-know issues here...

Quote: sootyj @ August 10 2012, 11:28 AM BST

or oxygen.

Publicity is awful, certainly the reporting and moral panic in attributed to why so many rape victims and victims of child abuse contact the police

Que?

Quote: zooo @ August 10 2012, 11:56 PM BST

Eh? Like what, the essence of vet?

And there I was thinking the whole thing through and trying to ascertain my own opinion, and you made me laugh like an evil-bitch-woman who laughs at dead children. Thanks very much fellow-evil-bitch-woman

Quote: Joyce @ August 11 2012, 11:26 AM BST

The other problem with limiting benefits is that teens will carry on having kids

Will they? Won't they? Decent stats and broad societal interviews that indicate the reasons why teenagers have kids please

but nobody will want to look after them without the promise of extra money

Won't they? Are you sure that regardless of how much some people look down their noses at some families, that they might be capable of love and the bonds of family regardless of the monetary value? We could have the 'how sickeningly difficult it is to adopt/ but then why would you if you're not paid to' conversation here. That always concludes pleasantly.

So all these caring grandparents/uncles/aunties would all start turning their backs on their offspring to avoid the expense.

The expense of having children that is entirely covered by measly benefits which are by and large used by people who need a little financial help supporting their families at some point in their lives? And which has no rewards like having a family or doing the right thing?

Oh dear, are there really people out there who would only see kids as a meal ticket? Oh ya!!

I'm as fond of a bit of superiority as everyone else but aside from the scary benefit demons coming to a tabloid near you, I'm unaware of any studies that show that this is actually a usual occurrence

Quote: zooo @ August 11 2012, 12:45 PM BST

That would be a fun job. Owls are cute.

:$

Quote: chipolata @ August 14 2012, 12:03 PM BST

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/9473337/Posh-baiting-may-drive-Benedict-Cumberbatch-to-the-US.html

Poor Bennedict.

:O But the Ottersistahood hasn't finished examining him yet!

Just read in the paper that after a 6.2% rail fare increase an annual season ticket between London and Peterborough will cost £9516 !!!
Nearly £10k for train travel, and that's presumably the cheaper option! My brain is exploding.

Quote: Harridan @ August 15 2012, 9:43 AM BST

Just read in the paper that after a 6.2% rail fare increase an annual season ticket between London and Peterborough will cost £9516 !!!
Nearly £10k for train travel, and that's presumably the cheaper option! My brain is exploding.

Yeah, but weren't the Olympics great?

sorry meant "not contacting the police"