British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 978

Not if you're a field mouse.

Quote: zooo @ August 11 2012, 12:45 PM BST

That would be a fun job. Owls are cute.

Yeah...she's out with them now at a shopping centre, raising funds. One supposedly rides a skateboard. What it actually does is enjoy sitting on a skateboard while people pull it up and down the pavement. It's obsessed by it and won't let go...not actualy riding it. I expected to see it giving proper welly with one leg up the high street. Anyway, she loves cuddling them and they fall asleep on her. Bless. There are about 50 owls there...at the sanctuary.

Awwww.

Eep.

Quote: Kenneth @ August 10 2012, 5:20 PM BST

The Thais are more into eating spiders than the Chinese. You know it makes sense. Many insects are high in protein and require less resources to raise/breed than sheep, cattle, chickens and kittens.

True, I mean whos ever heard of a Spider Rancher?

Wasn't that the short lived gay version of SPider Man?

Yes...but...

Quote: Joyce @ August 11 2012, 12:41 PM BST

I don't know...my friends say all their kids are moving over to Twitter...because of the 'direct' contact with slebs etc. (yawn) Most are similar age to my 12 year old daughter. She's not actually on anything...she plays Minecraft and Roblox. The rest of my kids are also into that. Weird when you think of all the top notch games there are around these days. My older daughter (16) is a YouTube fan, but she goes out a lot, so not that worried about her. She works at an owl sanctuary. Apparently, my kids are very 'basic' in their needs. I don't know what that means...but I'm assuming it means they are bloody perfect!!

Your children sound wonderful.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 11 2012, 1:17 PM BST

Your children sound wonderful.

They actually are...heh...plus, they really like me!!

Aw, look at the cuddly fluffy owllll.

Quote: Joyce @ August 11 2012, 10:34 AM BST

If it makes them some money, they'll be chomping at the bit.

The correct phrase is "champing at the bit". A horse would damage its teeth if it chomped on its bit.

Quote: Kenneth @ August 11 2012, 2:02 PM BST

The correct phrase is "champing at the bit". A horse would damage its teeth if it chomped on its bit.

Sorry Kenneth. <blush>

Quote: zooo @ August 11 2012, 1:39 PM BST

Aw, look at the cuddly fluffy owllll.

I know!!! That's my lully fluffy girlie too!!

Quote: Joyce @ August 11 2012, 11:44 AM BST

Nothing happens where I live, except my neighbours stare at me without saying anything. I have to say...I kinda like it that way. Oh...but a lady opposite died last week and the man across the way has left his wife with three young kids. That's all though.

There have been four murders and two suicides in my apartment building in recent years. None since I moved in though.

Quote: Kenneth @ August 11 2012, 2:16 PM BST

There have been four murders and two suicides in my apartment building in recent years. None since I moved in though.

You've obviously raised the tone.

Apparently, it was really quiet and pleasant here before we moved in. Trust it to get rough and noisy the very minute we set foot in the place. My luck eh?

Quote: Joyce @ August 11 2012, 2:29 PM BST

You've obviously raised the tone.

Yes. And building management installed special key-access-only cages to get inside the lift lobbies, and then issued everyone with a lift key that activates only the floor on which they reside. And they sealed off the ground-floor staircase doors. Will be interesting when a fire or earthquake hit and people want to get out in a hurry.

Quote: Kenneth @ August 11 2012, 2:47 PM BST

Yes. And building management installed special key-access-only cages to get inside the lift lobbies, and then issued everyone with a lift key that activates only the floor on which they reside. And they sealed off the ground-floor staircase doors. Will be interesting when a fire or earthquake hit and people want to get out in a hurry.

So...it's kind of like...an inside-out prison...sort of.