British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 976

Its worth remembering the step grandad had a job.

Just sterilise the poor. Let's face, they cause the rest of us an awful lot of problems with their lousy child rearing and shocking work ethic and general scroungeriness.

...but was he supposed to be living at the grandma's? Where was he registered? Was it a legit job? One of my exes purposely didn't register with anyone at any address. He didn't register with any council so he didn't have to pay council/poll tax etc. He wasn't amused when I put him on a form I had to fill out and exposed him as a real live person living in the UK. No...he was very upset by that. Oh well...gutted.

Quote: chipolata @ August 11 2012, 11:28 AM BST

Just sterilise the poor. Let's face, they cause the rest of us an awful lot of problems with their lousy child rearing and shocking work ethic and general scroungeriness.

Heh...you make it sound so easy. Well...I'm fairly poor, but all my kids are very well looked after. <checks shed> Yeah...they're all still okay.

Quote: Joyce @ August 11 2012, 11:32 AM BST

He didn't register with any council so he didn't have to pay council/poll tax etc. He wasn't amused when I put him on a form I had to fill out and exposed him as a real live person living in the UK.

Decides not to go out with Joyce.

Quote: chipolata @ August 11 2012, 11:33 AM BST

Decides not to go out with Joyce.

Again...gutted.

Has the grandma been arrested now too?
"A 46 year old woman" has.

It's better than EasEnders, zooo!

My street is better than EastEnders at the moment.

Weird just clicked on page one by accident and it was on Karen Mathews and I didn't notice I was on the wrong page.

I don't see why they wouldn't arrest her...or anyone else at all who lived with her. New Addington is a long way from Pollards hill on the bus. I still despair at this. One of my daughters is 12 and I wouldn't even let her go that far on her own where we live now!

Quote: zooo @ August 11 2012, 11:40 AM BST

My street is better than EastEnders at the moment.

I haven't watched EE or Corrie for weeks now. Apparently Deirdre did a great big ''Oh Tracey Luv'' kind of crying session last night. I didn't think I'd be able to watch a full-on Deirdre neck sobbing marathon after all those weeks of cold turkey.

Nothing happens where I live, except my neighbours stare at me without saying anything. I have to say...I kinda like it that way. Oh...but a lady opposite died last week and the man across the way has left his wife with three young kids. That's all though.

The authorities need more powers to step in early - and more funds to do it.
And, if they make a mistake ie take a kid away who was OK - not get a bollocking for the one they got wrong, but hearty congratulations for the 99 they got right.

It seems an awful lot of baseless assumptions are being made about this family. I don't think we know anywhere near enough about them to suggest that they are all amoral, uncaring child-abusers who used the girl to get benefits that they then spent on booze and fags.

Quote: Harridan @ August 11 2012, 11:45 AM BST

It seems an awful lot of baseless assumptions are being made about this family. I don't think we know anywhere near enough about them to suggest that they are all amoral, uncaring child-abusers who used the girl to get benefits that they then spent on booze and fags.

Of course we don't.

This the BCG though.

Quote: sootyj @ August 11 2012, 11:27 AM BST

Its worth remembering the step grandad had a job.

So neurgh neurgh to Harridan.

Quote: bigfella @ August 11 2012, 11:48 AM BST

Of course we don't.

This the BCG though.

Exactly.