British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 971

Depends where he hid it

Or she chose him over her. Its a very dangerous assumption that the parenting instinct is more powerful than any other.

Poor little girl.

Quote: sootyj @ August 10 2012, 5:38 PM BST

Depends where he hid it

Or she chose him over her. Its a very dangerous assumption that the parenting instinct is more powerful than any other.

I guess, I just realised I was being naive.

I watched Stuart Hazell on the news yesterday and said 'I don't think he is guilty'.

Up until that point I was certain he'd done something.

He's got some nerve. The bastard.

Assuming he's guilty.

We don't who was in that house etc.

He's guilty of *something*. Why run, otherwise?

Because quite often the police will settle for the most obvious and likely suspect. A 37 year old man living in her house, with 30 some violent crimes on his record.

If he was running in the olympic 100 meters it wouldn't be a good enough alibi.

It's possible that he hasn't 'run' so much as gone off to be on his own. But if he doesn't get in contact soon it will look very bad for him. It isn't good to judge prematurely, but it seems unlikely that neither he nor the grandmother were aware that her body was in the house.

I suppose I'm playing devils advocate.

It seems unlikely a one armed man did it and ran away.

I don't like to judge, but it doesn't look good for him.

If he did it, he's probably committed suicide.

I suppose we have to wait until more is revealed, but some people are very good at covering their own tracks, as well as others'. Look at the amount of detail the step-father/grandad went into to explain the fact Tia had no phone or Oyster card on her. Teenagers just don't leave the house without their phones. Someone was covering up and lying to keep everything ticking along okay. Maybe it was suicide and Stuart was worried he'd be put away for good after previous convictions. The grandmother going out of her way to show she wanted to find Tia? My kids go out of their way to try to find something for me, when they know damn well they've already broken it and flushed it down the toilet!

Whatever's happened, it's a tragedy...a really horrible tragedy.

Quote: zooo @ August 10 2012, 5:20 PM BST

Hands up who didn't suspect him from the start?
Very sad news. :(

Are you "doing a DaButt" on us??

Pretty much! Only I'm not suggesting we shoot him.

The whole thing is incredibly sad. But the fact that so many on here have already convicted him should go a.long way to illustrate his mindset if he was innocent. I'm not sure what I would do if I were in his shoes (probably jot had violent crime convictions in the first place, to be fair). There is a
very good chance that given his record, he knows some dodgy people, so as previously stated we currently don't know who could have potentially been involved.

It is just impossible to know what has happened yet doesn't look good for him though.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 10 2012, 6:37 PM BST

The whole thing is incredibly sad. But the fact that so many on here have already convicted him should go a.long way to illustrate his mindset if he was innocent. I'm not sure what I would do if I were in his shoes (probably jot had violent crime convictions in the first place, to be fair). There is a
very good chance that given his record, he knows some dodgy people, so as previously stated we currently don't know who could have potentially been involved.

It is just impossible to know what has happened yet doesn't look good for him though.

This is true.

However, the media have been doing their 'hint, hint' stuff with Stuart Hazell all week. It's expected that it has influenced our opinions of him.

Quote: TopBanana @ August 10 2012, 6:49 PM BST

This is true.

However, the media have been doing their 'hint, hint' stuff with Stuart Hazell all week. It's expected that it has influenced our opinions of him.

Absolutely. The Sun and the Mail are terrible for it in particular. They love a bit of sordid conjecture.