British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 963

Quote: Lazzard @ August 6 2012, 11:42 AM BST

I spent just over a year in Sydney in the 80's.
They used to have these places called Milk Bars - sort of like a sandwich bar here.
Did amazing burgers.- freshly made.
It was the first time I ever had a burger with a slice of beetroot in it - f**king ace.
Still do it to this day (with home made ones)

Precisely. F**king ace. It really saddened me when I was last back in Australia to see that some milk bars had closed due to the encroachment of the revoltingly unhealthy shit that is McDonald's.

Thing with mcdonalds is there food is so fake and processed why don't they just make it from soya protein?

Seriously they tasts like an average vegie burger.

Thing with mcdonalds is there food is so fake and processed why don't they just make it from soya protein?

Burgers with fried egg and beetroot FTW.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 6 2012, 10:44 AM BST

McDonalds will always win

There's nothing wrong with having a McDonalds every now and then, but if you think it's better than any other thing you could eat at that point, you're mental.

Quote: sootyj @ August 6 2012, 11:52 AM BST

I think it's something to do with holding up the bloated US beef market.
(In the US obviously)
But your right NO-ONE would be able to tell the difference

Interestingly enough outside of India they've never seriously promoted a vege burger

I have a load of Linda McCartney burgers in my freezer, they are bloody yum.
I can't tell any difference between them and meaty ones, plus you don't have to worry about biting down on an unexpected bit of gristle.

Quote: zooo @ August 6 2012, 12:50 PM BST

plus you don't have to worry about biting down on an unexpected bit of gristle.

Unlike poor Linda.

Quote: Tursiops @ August 6 2012, 11:27 AM BST

At midnight on the 12th of August a huge mass of luminous gas erupted from Mars
and sped towarts Earth...

Dut dut durrr

diddle e diddle e

Dut dut durrr

diddle e diddle e

Quote: zooo @ August 6 2012, 12:50 PM BST

I have a load of Linda McCartney burgers in my freezer, they are bloody yum.
I can't tell any difference between them and meaty ones, plus you don't have to worry about biting down on an unexpected bit of gristle.

It is evident you've never had a real burger made from proper minced beef if you cannot tell the McDifference between a McDonald's and a McCartney burger. Come to Australia and I will line you up with some people who can serve you proper burgers with real taste - and definitely no chance of any gristle. Whereas the McDonald's and supermarket meat patties are likely to contain bits of finely ground gristle, eyelids, ears, snouts and testicles. A few years ago in Australia, McDonald's started advertising burgers made from Angus beef and had the gall to promote them as being 'fancy' as if their shithole restaurants were high cuisine! Any self-respecting cattle farmer will tell you that Angus beef is crap, best for exporting to poor countries or selling for meat processing. The fact that McDonald's promotes Angus as being "above average quality" indicates that its regular burgers are made from bloody awful quality beef.

This:

Or this:

Where did I mention McDonalds?

I was saying I couldn't tell any major difference between a normal burger (one you cook yourself, oven, BBQ, whatever) and a McCartney one.

That first pic you posted looks a lot like the McCartney ones, actually.

P.S. I've never had any gristle in a McDs burger, only the big beefy ones.

Quote: zooo @ August 6 2012, 1:42 PM BST

Where did I mention McDonalds?

All over the place. Anyway, the offer stands to give you some real food when you next come to Australia. And some glasses, so you can distinguish twixt this:

And this:

Well you try one of her burgers first, then get back to me. ;) The ones I like have mozzarella inside. Cor.

Quote: zooo @ August 6 2012, 2:01 PM BST

Well you try one of her burgers first, then get back to me. ;) The ones I like have mozzarella inside. Cor.

I ate Linda McCartney burgers and sausages when I lived in Fulham - bought from a supermarket chain that's now defunct - Gateway, I think. They were pretty ordinary.

To be honest, it's not really comparing like with like, a home-made burger and a shop bought, frozen job.
If I had to eat an 'industrial' burger ( it would have to involve guns to head, mind you) I'd probably prefer a Veggie one - there's only so much they can do to f**k up beans 'n' shit.

My neighbour is a beef farmer and when one of his animals goes lame or gets to old to shag lady cows etc he's deemed to be only good for 'burgers and pies'
It's shocking stuff..