British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 960

There was actually nothing better than being taken to a McDonalds when you were ten.

Maybe not having to go to school because of snow, but that's it.

My parents never let me go when I was young, so I only got to go with my friends. Evidently terribly common friends. ;)

Quote: Tursiops @ August 5 2012, 7:58 PM BST

And yet you got to MacDonalds?!

Just how difficult is it to spell McDonalds? I mean, it's only the most popular fast food joint on Earth. Get it together snobs!

Pft. I like eat and enjoy sorts of stuff, it doesn't mean anything (apart from the fact I'm a big heffa). I'm a proper twat of a foodie, but I'm also very open minded and do allow myself to eat filth. Of course Maccy D's isn't 'good food' in any sense of the word, but it's fatty amd it's salty and the special sauce is tangy heaven. I'd end my own life if I had to eat it every day but I don't have more than one MDs meal a month, so it's all good. It's like occasionally letting yourself watch an episode of X Factor. It's wrong and you should hate yourself, but that dirty part inside of you is so happy for that small amount of time. And don't get me started on the joy that is the Egg McMuffMuff. Just heaven.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 5 2012, 7:59 PM BST

There was actually nothing better than being taken to a McDonalds when you were ten.

Maybe not having to go to school because of snow, but that's it.

And seeing a Venus fly trap.

Quote: zooo @ August 5 2012, 8:01 PM BST

My parents never let me go when I was young, so I only got to go with my friends. Evidently terribly common friends. ;)

My mother is still a CJD mental, so doesn't eat beef and didn't let me until I had moved out!

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 5 2012, 8:02 PM BST

Pft. I like eat and enjoy sorts of stuff, it doesn't mean anything (apart from the fact I'm a big heffa). I'm a proper twat of a foodie, but I'm also very open minded and do allow myself to eat filth. Of course Maccy D's isn't 'good food' in any sense of the word, but it's fatty amd it's salty and the special sauce is tangy heaven. I'd end my own life if I had to eat it every day but I don't have more than one MDs meal a month, so it's all good. It's like occasionally letting yourself watch an episode of X Factor. It's wrong and you should hate yourself, but that dirty part inside of you is so happy for that small amount of time. And don't get me started on the joy that is the Egg McMuffMuff. Just heaven.

NAT IS CLEVER. LEARN FROM HER.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 5 2012, 8:03 PM BST

My mother is still a CJD mental, so doesn't eat beef and didn't let me until I had moved out!

Ha! I don't eat too much beef cos I likes the cows.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 5 2012, 7:59 PM BST

Reminds me of that old joke about if there were no McDonalds, divorced fathers would have nowhere to take their kiddys.

Quote: zooo @ August 5 2012, 8:04 PM BST

NAT IS CLEVER. LEARN FROM HER.

Meh, look at what I managed in just half a sentence. Efficient.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 5 2012, 7:40 PM BST

I suppose there's some sort of over-indulgent fatty craving it sates,

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 5 2012, 8:05 PM BST

Reminds me of that old joke about if there were no McDonalds, divorced fathers would have nowhere to take their kiddys.

No, we had a Wimpy in town, too.

Awww, Wimpy! Retro.

You can honestly get a better burger almost anywhere than in McDonalds. You guys are just going there for the toys aren't you?

Have battered chips reached you Metro Dwellers yet ?

I do like the toys.

People seem to love the apple pies, I couldn't believe it the first time I was given one and it was in some sort of batter. Don't like.

More American gun fun:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19138754

Quote: Tursiops @ August 5 2012, 8:07 PM BST

You can honestly get a better burger almost anywhere than in McDonalds. You guys are just going there for the toys aren't you?

Absolutely!
My first MacD experience was a few years ago when we bought one to take into hospital for our younger son (lift was packed with people with take-aways for patients). I couldn't believe how flimsy/thin it was. No wonder it was crap cheap.