British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 957

Quote: Harridan @ August 4 2012, 9:16 PM BST

That's a really fascinating story.

I don't know if it's true or not (this is the internet, after all) but yes, interesting stuff.. plus, the info about McDonalds and coca leaf.

I'm impressed that it was a cultural boycott rather than a political ban that drove McDonalds out.

The people in my hometown protested and refused to let them open a Primark.

I believe that is probably exactly the same thing...

That's horrible

You live in a horrible place Zooo

Lol, I don't live there right now. Why is it horrible though? There's a massive Primark 20 minutes away.

Ohthat's alright.

I thought you were living amongst naked chavs.

That really would be quite horrible. Think of the misspelled tattoos!

Quote: zooo @ August 4 2012, 9:28 PM BST

Lol, I don't live there right now. Why is it horrible though? There's a massive Primark 20 minutes away.

'right now' ?

Angry

Shuttup, word nazi.

'Right now' suggests I used to live there and I may again one day. 'Now' would have suggested simply that I don't any more. I wanted the first one. SO SUCK ON THAT.

Quote: zooo @ August 5 2012, 12:14 AM BST

Shuttup, word nazi.

'Right now' suggests I used to live there and I may again one day. 'Now' would have suggested simply that I don't any more. I wanted the first one. SO SUCK ON THAT.

:)

Lol, I don't live there now. Why is it horrible though? There's a massive Primark 20 minutes away.

And the difference is . . ?

Quote: zooo @ August 4 2012, 9:20 PM BST

But Coke and McDonalds are yummy.
Those poor, poor, principled people.

You mean unhealthy and revolting.

Curiously, 'coke' of course started in Bolivia. Bolivians tend to HATE America cos if its 'war on drugs'.

Yes, that's why I drink Coke most days and eat McD's now and again. Because it tastes revolting.
Use your noggin!

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 5 2012, 12:38 AM BST

:)

Lol, I don't live there now. Why is it horrible though? There's a massive Primark 20 minutes away.

And the difference is . . ?

What I already said!

Quote: zooo @ August 5 2012, 10:51 AM BST

Yes, that's why I drink Coke most days and eat McD's now and again. Because it tastes revolting.
Use your noggin!

I am saddened that you drink Coke most days. It doesn't do your teeth any good. I don't have any fillings or significant tooth decay, perhaps on account of avoiding sugary overpriced drinks. You should try to broaden your diet if you think McDonald's tastes good.

You do know how patronising you sound, right?
Coke is bad for my teeth?!?! I've never heard this news before!!!! I don't have any fillings either, by the way.

Of course McDonalds tastes good, that's the whole point of it. And of course it is unhealthy, that's why only idiots eat it every day and sane people have it as a guilty pleasure now and again.

I imagine you have no concept of what a guilty pleasure is. Shame.

Quote: zooo @ August 5 2012, 11:46 AM BST

Of course McDonalds tastes good,

I don't think that's a given, is it?