British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 944

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ July 25 2012, 12:42 PM BST

And there was me thinking that everybody everywhere was an 'immigrant'.

Racist.

:P ;)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 25 2012, 12:44 PM BST

Racist.

:P ;)

Rolling eyes

Back to Africa with you.

BTW I think 'King Potus' has got some mileage in it. Sounds like a nick from "I, Claudius".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/jul/25/scotland-legalise-same-sex-marriage

Good on Scotland. Hope they are the first of many.

Yay Scotland! I dislike your people slightly less now!

Quote: reds @ July 25 2012, 2:21 PM BST

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/jul/25/scotland-legalise-same-sex-marriage

Good on Scotland. Hope they are the first of many.

"The Scottish government is to introduce new powers to legalise same-sex marriages in churches and in civil ceremonies, despite vigorous and bitter opposition from church leaders."

I can't understand why anyone listens to what church leaders say about our relationships, it's no business of theirs.

I know, it's bizarre!

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 25 2012, 2:23 PM BST

Yay Scotland! I dislike your people slightly less now!

Only stop hating a third of them, 64% of the Scots objected to the bill!

Oh okay I'm back to dislike then. I'll assume it's Edinburgh is are for- I liek that bit.

Quote: Nogget @ July 25 2012, 2:36 PM BST

Only stop hating a third of them, 64% of the Scots objected to the bill!

Or maybe not:

But Sturgeon said detailed responses using the Scottish government's own online consultation document showed a majority in favour of gay marriage: by 65% to 35% against. Major public opinion polls also showed that most Scottish voters supported same-sex marriage, with about two-thirds of Scots in favour.

Quote: Nogget @ July 25 2012, 2:35 PM BST

I can't understand why anyone listens to what church leaders say about our relationships, it's no business of theirs.

If you want a big church wedding, then it is entirely their business.

Again, I don't really care if two gays want to get married, it really makes no difference to my life whatsover. Plus them Scotch blokes wear skirts, so most of them are half way there anyhoo.

Luckily, the Scottish Government has allowed religious institutions to refuse gay marriage ceremonies without consequence. I'm all for keeping church and state seperate, so it sounds like a good compromise.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 25 2012, 3:30 PM BST

Luckily, the Scottish Government has allowed religious institutions to refuse gay marriage ceremonies without consequence. I'm all for keeping church and state seperate, so it sounds like a good compromise.

Yes I think they've stuck a perfect middle ground. It's a damn good bill.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 25 2012, 3:30 PM BST

If you want a big church wedding, then it is entirely their business.

They seem to want to stick their noses into all weddings, not just church ones. That's the problem.

Quote: zooo @ July 25 2012, 3:36 PM BST

They seem to want to stick their noses into all weddings, not just church ones. That's the problem.

Tell me about it, I can't marry 5 different women or children or even beloved livestock. Why? Because of some ancient morality code invented by the church.

Marrying for love is the weirdest new trend, wasn't like that in the good old days. Back then, you'd even get a lump sum from the bird's Dad for taking her off his hands.

I'm now looking forward to Jordan's latest headline grabbing money earning Scottish wedding to a lezzer - because marriage is so highly regarded in this country.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/07/24/ricky-gervais-appalled-by-kitten-research-at-cardiff-university_n_1697057.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

I had to hug all three cats for so long after reading this and then did a little cry. I didn't want to put it in the cats thread beacuse that is a safe place Teary

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 25 2012, 3:40 PM BST

Tell me about it, I can't marry 5 different women or children or even beloved livestock. Why?

Because they've all turned you down? Even the really ugly kids??

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 25 2012, 3:48 PM BST

Because they've all turned you down? Even the really ugly kids??

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Touche!