British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 940

Quote: chipolata @ July 20 2012, 11:03 AM BST

Gas masked? Was he dressed like Bane?

From the BBc

An eyewitness has said the attacker was dressed all in black and was wearing a riot helmet, bulletproof vest and goggles

Quote: Lee @ July 20 2012, 12:56 AM BST

Is it like indigestion? Because that's what it felt like for me. I've never had it diagnosed because it's not really a big deal and haven't experienced it for years anyway.

Kind of late to the party but it might be worth getting tested. Sometimes if you do have a genuine allergy continuing to have even a small amount could actaually cause damage to your body that may lead to other allergies.
*Turns off annoying preachy mummy mode*

Quote: Shandonbelle @ July 20 2012, 9:57 AM BST

A gasmasked gunman has killed 10 people in a screening of The Dark Knight Rises...wtf? :(

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/07/20/batman-dark-knight-rises-shooting-deaths-reported-at-midnight-film-premiere-near-denver_n_1688464.html?ncid=webmail1

Good grief

I know people who rustle their popcorn can be annoying but this seems a bit extreme

Shootings like this are always really weird - no obvious political motive, just random killings.

And why choose a Nolan Batman movie? Why couldn't he have shot the morons who go see Adam Sandler's latest cinematic shitfests?

They say there's no such thing as 'bad publicity', but with this, possible copycat shootings and the death of Heath Ledger, the Nolan Batman trilogy has possibly become the most infamous film milestone since Clockwork Orange.

Quote: dellas @ July 20 2012, 4:31 AM BST

I am ok with milk but cannot eat a lot of cheese, tummy-ache, bad dreams, is there a cheese alternative?

You could try this? It's yummy.

I hope for once the shooter wasn't killed by police, and he can be punished properly in jail for decades. They always get away with it by going down in a hail of bullets. Plus we never get an explanation, no matter how fruitloops, as to why he felt it necessary to do it.

You probably still won't.

I hope they clearly decide if he nuts or a crook. And punish or treat apropriately.

He's both. Pop him in jail.

As we have no concrete evidence whatsover for the motives of the shooter, please allow me to throw in the first misguided and ignorant bit of speculation -

The shootings were racially motivated and are connected to Anders Breivik in some way.

Ha, you'll like this - apparently it happened very close to Columbine.

Quote: zooo @ July 20 2012, 12:44 PM BST

Ha, you'll like this - apparently it happened very close to Columbine.

Imagine surviving that shooting, forgetting all about it, going to the cinema with your kids to see the new Batman and it happens again. Talk about awkward.

In a cinema, I bet the victims had sweets and drinks, like Trayvon Martin had. Therefore it was self-defence.

Apparently, the gunman started shooting just as the characters on screen were having a shoot out.

Just had a horrible vision of people sat in their seats going: 'The 3D in this movie is really realistic'.

Most of them did think it was part of the show and just sat there eating their nachos

The Matrix has inspired a few shooting sprees too.

Those shooting sprees still would have happened but they would have been dressed as something else, like Spiderman or whatever other movie was popular back then.