British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 939

Kind of. Just 50 times worse.

Quote: zooo @ July 20 2012, 1:20 AM BST

Kind of. Just 50 times worse.

Sounds about right. But I don't think it affected me anywhere near like it does you.

If you want any diary alternative suggestions like recipes or products, let us know. I found some none-dark (vegan) chocolate not long ago that was quite nice. Can't remember what it was called but it's on the tip of my tongue. I ate normal chocolate but even I liked this alternative. grr, what was it called?!

I do sometimes get all interested in finding alternatives. Next time an experimental phase comes along, I'll let you know!

I've tried a few non dairy chocolates, some are AWFUL, but a couple were nice.

For a moment I did think that I'd clicked on the what are you eating thread.

I shall just go there now to see what the headlines are

MILK IS NEWS!

I'm not necessarily suggesting you use soya milk or whatever but because I had to make homemade vegan alternatives I kinda know how to make stuff that wasn't available to buy. So you could still use Lactose free but just follow the same recipes n stuff.

Quote: zooo @ July 20 2012, 1:33 AM BST

MILK IS NEWS!

That's what they all say.

Quote: zooo @ July 20 2012, 12:12 AM BST

We get our milk from a milkman.
Where does he get the milk from? No idea. But probably isn't involved in all this fuss.

I haven't seen any milkmen in these parts for over 10 years, probably 20.

I am ok with milk but cannot eat a lot of cheese, tummy-ache, bad dreams, is there a cheese alternative?

Quote: dellas @ July 20 2012, 4:31 AM BST

is there a cheese alternative?

Don't eat any?

There is a fake cheese, it's used on cheap pizzas.

The press are just milking this story

A gasmasked gunman has killed 10 people in a screening of The Dark Knight Rises...wtf? :(

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/07/20/batman-dark-knight-rises-shooting-deaths-reported-at-midnight-film-premiere-near-denver_n_1688464.html?ncid=webmail1

Quote: dellas @ July 20 2012, 4:31 AM BST

I am ok with milk but cannot eat a lot of cheese, tummy-ache, bad dreams, is there a cheese alternative?

Sheese : http://www.buteisland.com/a_sheese_home.htm

I used to be a vegan and I have to say that some of their sheeses are pretty nice, though they don't melt like proper cheese. Their garlic and herb cream sheese is very tasty. Stay the f**k away from the smoked cheddar - you'll need to bleach your mouth afterwards.

If you have dairy-related issues you should see if there is a vegan food festival near you - you can go around tasting the various products to find something you like. I went to one in london with a friend and we saw that there was a talk on making your own vegan make-up that my friend wanted to go to. We had the giggles all the way through as an asian woman told a room full of white people that rubbing turmeric on your face can get rid of spots, and that that rubbing porridge oats into your underarms would work as a deoderant.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ July 20 2012, 9:57 AM BST

A gasmasked gunman has killed 10 people in a screening of The Dark Knight Rises...wtf? :(

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/07/20/batman-dark-knight-rises-shooting-deaths-reported-at-midnight-film-premiere-near-denver_n_1688464.html?ncid=webmail1

14 people according to the Beeb. Yikes

Quote: billwill @ July 20 2012, 3:02 AM BST

I haven't seen any milkmen in these parts for over 10 years, probably 20.

You need to get up a bit earlier, billwill.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ July 20 2012, 9:57 AM BST

Gas masked? Was he dressed like Bane?