British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 913

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 2 2012, 1:21 PM BST

I'm only not interested in it to be trendy.

Matt, there are lots of criticism levelled at you, but being trendy isn't one of them, so I know your disinterest is down to pure apathy.

;)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 2 2012, 1:23 PM BST

Matt, there are lots of criticism levelled at you,

I knew you all talked about me by PMs.

I like the torch relay, we should have more things invented by Joseph Goebbels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Flame

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 2 2012, 1:25 PM BST

I knew you all talked about me by PMs.

You don't show up to any drinks, so we have no other choice.

*though if you must know, I described you at the meet up on Saturday as 'really lovely' and that 'you look a bit like Dave Grohl'*

Quote: Nogget @ July 2 2012, 1:26 PM BST

I like the torch relay, we should have more things invented by Joseph Goebbels.

Just looked up his wiki page -

'He also wrote novels and plays, but they were rejected by publishers.'

I think I might be the next Nazi Propaganda Minister. :O

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 2 2012, 1:34 PM BST

'you look a bit like Dave Grohl'*

Grohl just sat up suddenly, offended, but he's not sure why.

There have been protests against the Olympic flame relay. In the 1956 Melbourne Games, local veterinary student Barry Larkin protested against the relay by tricking onlookers by carrying a fake flame, consisting of a pair of underpants set on fire in a plum pudding can, attached to a chair leg. He successfully managed to hand over the fake flame to the Mayor of Sydney, Pat Hills and escape without being noticed.

Now that's more like it !

:)

An interesting article for you ladies out there -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18670757

Can Sindy be resurrected to rival Barbie again or must she be consigned to the dustbin of history?

Aw, I want old Sindy back. I had one of the rubbish 90s one which was just like a Barbie. Stupid Barbie. I would totally buy my future daughter a Sindy.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 2 2012, 4:39 PM BST

Aw, I want old Sindy back. I had one of the rubbish 90s one which was just like a Barbie.

They said that the pre-90s Sindys were less threatening because her eyes were looking off to one side instead of straight at you like Barbie.

If your own dolly can't look you in the eye, then it's had it's day.

In France, feminists fight the good fight in the best possible way. With sarcasm and fake beards. Vive La Barbe!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18497881

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 2 2012, 4:34 PM BST

Can Sindy be resurrected to rival Barbie again or must she be consigned to the dustbin of history?

We need a new doll for modern girls to identify with. It should come with accessories like a handbag full of junk, a full wardrobe "without a thing to wear", and a distorted mirror which makes her look too fat. She could even have two sorts of little meals, nice and healthy ones in the week, and lardy blowouts for the weekend, when apparently calories don't count.

What else?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 2 2012, 4:45 PM BST

They said that the pre-90s Sindys were less threatening because her eyes were looking off to one side instead of straight at you like Barbie.

If your own dolly can't look you in the eye, then it's had it's day.

It was the scary toothy smile and the weird boobs that ruined it for me. Demure dollies, please.

Quote: Nogget @ July 2 2012, 4:47 PM BST

What else?

A pair of really grungy track suit bottoms complete with mouldy cardigan that she wears 24-7.

Look, if sootyj is going to ignore these gems, then I have no choice but to step in.

So Nat, how was your first date with Simon Cowell?

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 2 2012, 4:47 PM BST

It was the scary toothy smile and the weird boobs that ruined it for me.

Hey renegade what did the police looking for subo find under your pillow?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 2 2012, 5:28 PM BST

A pair of really grungy track suit bottoms complete with mouldy cardigan that she wears 24-7.

So did she get the lotion and the hose?