British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 912

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 2 2012, 12:28 PM BST

I hope it'll be a celebrity carrying the torch and not some fatso who drives the mongs on the funny bus being 'recognised' by a sugary soft drinks company.

I do hope it's the latter. :)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 2 2012, 12:28 PM BST

I hope it'll be a celebrity carrying the torch

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2012/07/02/video-sir-cliff-richard-carries-olympic-torch-through-birmingham/

Fingers crossed for Alvin Stardust.

Quote: Oldrocker @ July 2 2012, 12:51 PM BST

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2012/07/02/video-sir-cliff-richard-carries-olympic-torch-through-birmingham/

I thought Sir Cliff didn't carry a torch for anybody?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 2 2012, 12:49 PM BST

I do hope it's the latter. :)

I doubt it, it'll be the day before the start of the Olympics and going past Buckingham Palace, so whilst it's okay to have Dappy from N-Dubz or whatever in somewhere crap like Norwich, they'll be wheeling out the big celeb guns for the London legs.

There's also a party in Hyde Park afterwards, so I'm hoping they'll be some top named entertainment put on.

Maybe Lady Gaga. She'd look lovely in a tracksuit.

name="Renegade Carpark" post="889019" date="July 2 2012, 12:58 PM BST" somewhere crap like Norwich

:O

Quote: zooo @ July 2 2012, 12:59 PM BST

Maybe Lady Gaga. She'd look lovely in a tracksuit.

Or the Saturdays, all jogging and jiggling along in a chorus line of pert pop tart boobage.

Knowing my luck, it'll be Lenny F**king Henry. :(

Or JEDWARD!

Oooh, or Louie Spence!

Quote: zooo @ July 2 2012, 1:06 PM BST

Or JEDWARD!

They already carried the torch when it went through Ireland. Bloody hell zooo, you know flippin' nuffink about nuffink.

Quote: Marc P @ July 2 2012, 1:03 PM BST

:O

They can't even be bothered to build a motorway or high speed train link to Norwich. What does that tell you?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 2 2012, 12:58 PM BST

I doubt it, it'll be the day before the start of the Olympics and going past Buckingham Palace, so whilst it's okay to have Dappy from N-Dubz or whatever in somewhere crap like Norwich, they'll be wheeling out the big celeb guns for the London legs.

Well, I'm sure it will be really exciting waiting to find out.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 2 2012, 1:10 PM BST

They can't even be bothered to build a motorway or high speed train link to Norwich. What does that tell you?

What use would a motorway be to Marc? You can't drive tractors on motorways.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 2 2012, 1:14 PM BST

Well, I'm sure it will be really exciting waiting to find out.

Do you know what, I think it really will be. Despite all the crushing cynacism and trendy bashing of the Torch Relay, it is a pretty major event and will be good to soak up the atmosphere.

I know for a lot of you, it might clash with the 'Best of Britain's Got Talent' and you can't be bothered to lift yourselves from your cider and pizza stained couches to go and watch it, but I'm looking forward to it.

Quote: Nogget @ July 2 2012, 1:15 PM BST

What use would a motorway be to Marc? You can't drive tractors on motorways.

Booyah times deux!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 2 2012, 1:10 PM BST

It tells me keep the riff raff out up here very nicely, apart from silly season of course.

Here's the kind of pubs we have. :)

http://www.fatcatpub.co.uk/pubphotos.html

No, not tractors. But you can drive a bloody caravan on them apparently! :(

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 2 2012, 1:18 PM BST

Do you know what, I think it really will be. Despite all the crushing cynacism and trendy bashing of the Torch Relay, it is a pretty major event and will be good to soak up the atmosphere.

I know for a lot of you, it might clash with the 'Best of Britain's Got Talent' and you can't be bothered to lift yourselves from your cider and pizza stained couches to go and watch it, but I'm looking forward to it.

Well good. And yes, of course I'm only not interested in it to be trendy.