British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 1,010

Quote: sootyj @ July 1 2012, 9:18 PM BST

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/24572/

Laughing out loud harsh!

Quote: zooo @ July 1 2012, 8:04 PM BST

Just the stupid redundancy of showing it on 2 main channels at once.

Soaps, reality shows, untalented karaoke contests and other women's crap are usually on both main channels at the same time. But not once every two years, they're on every flipping bloody night.

Would you rather see a dog winning a talent contest or majestically beautiful football played by the best footballists in the world?

Since no one answered me last time, I'll ask again, if Eurovision was on two channels at once, would you complain or think it made perfect sense?

If you can't understand the difference between things of a similar genre being on at a similar time, and the EXACT SAME THING on at the EXACT SAME TIME, then there's really no point discussing it! :)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 1 2012, 10:23 PM BST

Soaps, reality shows, untalented karaoke contests and other women's crap are usually on both main channels at the same time. But not once every two years, they're on every flipping bloody night.

Would you rather see a dog winning a talent contest or majestically beautiful football played by the best footballists in the world?

Gotta be honest the dogs got it for me.

Oh and lay off RANDOM FEMALE TALENT CONTEST

Quote: zooo @ July 1 2012, 10:25 PM BST

Since no one answered me last time, I'll ask again, if Eurovision was on two channels at once, would you complain or think it made perfect sense?

If you can't understand the difference between things of a similar genre being on at a similar time, and the EXACT SAME THING on at the EXACT SAME TIME, then there's really no point discussing it! :)

Football is extremely popular and important

Eurovision is a big load of poo which is watched by the odd woman and the gay community

Not the same thing at all

They are both shite, and both get millions of viewers.

I can see how that would be irritating to nonfootie people, but they shared the tournament matches so there's no way to reasonably give the final to one or t'other. Really you want to be angry with Murdoch and Sky for nicking the footie so that terrestrial gets over-excited when it has actual games to show.

I'll ask again, if Eurovision was on two channels at once, would you complain or think it made perfect sense?

I always go out to the pub whenever Eurovision / Sport Relief / Comic Relief / etcetera are on, so they could show it on every channel and it wouldn't bother me one bit.

I suppose if Eurovision Heats filled Wembley Stadium on a regular basis, then they could justify putting it on two channels at once. But as it's just a bit of meaningless superficial womeny gay crap that no one really cares about, then it might be a harder sell.

To quote Marc...
Yes, dear.

I agree with zooo tbh

It's f**king ridiculous

But how would they decided who shows it?

If it was down to money it would only be on sky

And I neither want or will ever pay for sky

It shouldn't matter whether you are a football fan or not. Even if my very favourite film of all time was the thing being shown on 2 channels at once I would think it was utterly ridiculous. Evidently most football fans leave their brains at the door. ;)

How about getting pissed that the BBC is spunking millions of pounds of the License Fee. On a show the other free to view show is showing at the same time.

Imagine how many; patronising kids shows about Hindi potatoes, Welsh versions of Hamlet or shows where Micheal McIntyre f**ks a monkey. Are not being made!

Can we do a deal with Sky that they get ALL the sports to show.
And we get back the American dramathat's better than anything we Brits could ever do?

It would be like a hostage exchange/

Quote: zooo @ July 1 2012, 10:34 PM BST

Evidently most football fans leave their brains at the door. ;)

Especially that bloody great thicko Nick Hornby. Comedy writers that enjoy footballs? Whatever next?

I'd pay good money to watch Macintyre being gang raped by a flange of fully grown mountain gorillas

Quote: sootyj @ July 1 2012, 10:37 PM BST

Can we do a deal with Sky that they get ALL the sports to show.
And we get back the American dramathat's better than anything we Brits could ever do?

It would be like a hostage exchange/

The ideal solution would be to keep sports on dedicated sports channels (free ones) and never ever show it anywhere else.
Then everyone's happy.