British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 1,008

Quote: sootyj @ July 1 2012, 5:49 PM BST

how old are you?

I thought you were 16 or something

How rude!

The fact that apparently BBC1 and ITV1 are showing the exact same match at the same time tonight.

For f**k's sake.

Quote: zooo @ July 1 2012, 6:54 PM BST

The fact that apparently BBC1 and ITV1 are showing the exact same match at the same time tonight.

For f**k's sake.

ridiculous

thank heaven for cable

Quote: zooo @ July 1 2012, 6:54 PM BST

For f**k's sake.

But it only happens every couple of years. Every night we get two news at ten going out consecutively for half an hour. I don'y hear you bellyaching about that!

Rolling eyes

I think it demonstrates the futility and pointlessness of TV sport rather well. Why not show it on all 5 terrestrial channels. Or perhaps 20 or 30 on Sky?

Load of old shite.

Rolling eyes

Eurovision's only on once a year. Would you think it made sense to show that on 2 channels at once?

Quote: zooo @ July 1 2012, 7:59 PM BST

Eurovision's only on once a year. Would you think it made sense to show that on 2 channels at once?

But you didn't respond to my point that the news is scheduled against each other day after day, and it's the same pre-packaged easily digestible pap on both sides.

And I personally quite like the drama of a big sporting event on the telly.

Quote: chipolata @ July 1 2012, 8:02 PM BST

And I personally quite like the drama of a big sporting event on the telly.

I'm not objecting to that though!
Just the stupid redundancy of showing it on 2 main channels at once.

The news doesn't last 3 and a quarter hours.

Quote: zooo @ July 1 2012, 8:04 PM BST

I'm not objecting to that though!
Just the stupid redundancy of showing it on 2 main channels at once.

Yes, but both ITV and BBC have paid cajillions to cover this, and the final is the crowning jewel of their coverage. Who should not cover it?

Quote: zooo @ July 1 2012, 8:04 PM BST

The news doesn't last 3 and a quarter hours.

No. it's just 250 hours every two years when they are cross-scheduled. Football: 3.25 hours every two years. I can see why you're annoyed.

Maybe they should have had a little chat before spunking all their money.

Or should I say our money in the case of the BBC. [/obligatory license fee mention]

*Decides not to tell zooo about the CBBC commentary on the red button*

Quote: Badge @ July 1 2012, 8:08 PM BST

No. it's just 250 hours every two years when they are cross-scheduled. Football: 3.25 hours every two years. I can see why you're annoyed.

Who rattled your cage.

Clearly the idea of me expressing that I am pissed off in the pissed off thread is unacceptable. Please accept my humble f**king apologies. Rolling eyes

Rolling eyes